Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Watson
United States
Belle Plaine
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm willing to accept I might just be a dim bulb, but I find during play that it's difficult to track which die has been moved/reconfigured/used a special ability.

I may swap dieA (5) with dieB (3) using the special ability of dieB to warp. Then I may move dieA 5 spaces and then reconfigure diaA to a 4. Then I may use the special ability of dieC (3) to swap dieA with dieC. Have I used up all my actions?

Since all my dice look the same, I can't easily recall what I've done or may yet do with a particular die. Future editions should mark each of a player's 7 dice with a letter, perhaps in each corner of each face so you might distinguish dieA from dieB. Or Funforge could offer little die holders that the dice fit into that distinguish the 7 dice.

And an action tracker you could pass around would be useful, too. I have in mind something like an abacus with bead-lines for 'move', 'reconfigure', 'research', 'deploy' and, separately, 'special ability', so that as you exhaust an action, you slide a bead.

DIE...M...Recfg...Resrch...Depl...|...Spec'l: unused...used
------------------------------------------------------------
A||||-X---------------------------||||||||||||----------X
B||||-----X-----------------------||||||||||||-X---------
C||||----------------------X------||||||||||||----------X
------------------------------------------------------------

You get the idea. When your turn is done, you hand it to the next player, who taps it on its left edge to reset all the beads.

I really like this game. My trio really enjoy it, too, and want me to bring it every time we gather.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
I would have a pile of translucent discs and after I used a die I'd put a disc on it. Then clear all discs at the end of the turn. Something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J-F Beaudoin
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bingo chits would do the trick. I used something similiar for my Coup Film Noir mod. Depends I guess if you want to track both movement and power.

[geekurl=http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/2275821/coup]Coup Film Noir Mod[/geekurl]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck smith
United States
brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
We have a simple convention - ships that haven't used their abilities are sqaure with the grid. If you use an ability, turn it 45 degrees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Honorable Salmon P. Chase
mbmbmb
I'd love to see the following changes if they reprint this gem.

1) MUST include a small track on the player board showing how many actions you have. 0-1-2-3 with a little cube or token would be great and easy to implement.

2) MUST include enough tiles to actually build the maps they include in the rules. Seems so silly that they don't have enough '9' planets to build some of these maps.....why on earth aren't the planet tiles double sided with different planet values?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lozito
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we have any sense of whether this will be reprinted at some point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.