1 , 2  Next »   | 

King of Tokyo» Forums » General

Subject: New expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Sheridan
United States
flag msg tools
I know King of New York is what is being focused on currently, but seeing as I am not planning on picking that game up I was just wondering if there has been any news (either recent or previous) about any more future expansions of KoT?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sdc10 wrote:
I know King of New York is what is being focused on currently, but seeing as I am not planning on picking that game up I was just wondering if there has been any news (either recent or previous) about any more future expansions of KoT?
No real news for now, but I can already confirm we'll keep working on KoT expansions in the future. Actually, 2015 should be a really special year for KoT…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Sheridan
United States
flag msg tools
Thanks for the reply, absolutely love King of Tokyo so its nice to know it will still be getting some attention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Mattintheweb wrote:
sdc10 wrote:
No real news for now, but I can already confirm we'll keep working on KoT expansions in the future. Actually, 2015 should be a really special year for KoT…

Any chance of a "Big Box" version with all of the expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Helljin wrote:
Any chance of a "Big Box" version with all of the expansions?
That's not in the works yet, but it could definitely happen. For now, there's just 1 expansion and 1 collector pack, so it wouldn't be such a "big" box yet…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam L
United Kingdom
Gravesend
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattintheweb wrote:
sdc10 wrote:

CAN I PUT IN A PLEA FOR EXTRA COLLECTORS SETS WITH NEW DICE COLOURS INCLUDED PLEASE? NOT A BIG FAN OF THE COSTUMES IN HALLOWEEN, BUT LOVE THE DICE!!!
EXTRA SETS OF DICE (INCLUDING 6 + 2 BONUS DICE) WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madad07 wrote:
CAN I PUT IN A PLEA FOR EXTRA COLLECTORS SETS WITH NEW DICE COLOURS INCLUDED PLEASE? NOT A BIG FAN OF THE COSTUMES IN HALLOWEEN, BUT LOVE THE DICE!!!

Sir (and/or Madam), your Caps Lock key appears to be stuck in the "on" position.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sin Sam
msg tools
madad07 wrote:
Mattintheweb wrote:
sdc10 wrote:

For some reason, this made me think of a custom set for each monster. IE, maybe the Kraken gets a set of blue-green and dark-blue dice, with a crab claw instead of the standard claw, and a tentacle curled into a heart shape for a heart...
But that'd be completely insane... >.>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Williams
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So will the new expansion include all of the promo cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasgo wrote:
That's too early to tell for now, but it's not impossible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Perhaps an expansion which will consist of nice chunky plastic versions of all the monsters?

Now THAT would be well worth buying!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YEAH MONSTER FIGURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SinisterSamurai wrote:
madad07 wrote:
Mattintheweb wrote:
sdc10 wrote:
No real news for now, but I can already confirm we'll keep working on KoT expansions in the future. Actually, 2015 should be a really special year for KoT… ;)

EXTRA SETS OF DICE (INCLUDING 6 + 2 BONUS DICE) WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!:)

For some reason, this made me think of a custom set for each monster. IE, maybe the Kraken gets a set of blue-green and dark-blue dice, with a crab claw instead of the standard claw, and a tentacle curled into a heart shape for a heart...
But that'd be completely insane... >.>

I would back this idea if they put it on kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Williams
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattintheweb wrote:
Wasgo wrote:
That's too early to tell for now, but it's not impossible.
Will begging make it more likely? I'd be happy to beg. I desperately want a Space Penguin, but gaming is a social activity with friends for me, not something I can go to events for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor De Boer
United States
Comstock Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
April 8th, 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone heard any news on a new KoT expansion? It's been six months since Mattintheweb hinted that 2015 would be a special year for KoT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trevordeboer wrote:
Has anyone heard any news on a new KoT expansion? It's been six months since Mattintheweb hinted that 2015 would be a special year for KoT.
We're still working on it… the next expansion will probably be released in 2016, but that doesn't mean there won't be anything new this year. I can't be 100% positive yet, because we have a hard deadlines to meet, but we're currently working on an expansion for King of New York and this special project for King of Tokyo that we still hope to release in 2015, and we're also planning another expansion at least for 2016.
We're currently looking to hire a project manager (in France) entirely for this series of games, so things could really speed up in the coming months…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hammel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad to hear this; I didn't personally care for the changes from Tokyo to New York so I'm glad there are things to look forward to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor De Boer
United States
Comstock Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
April 8th, 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattintheweb wrote:
trevordeboer wrote:
We're still working on it… the next expansion will probably be released in 2016, but that doesn't mean there won't be anything new this year. I can't be 100% positive yet, because we have a hard deadlines to meet, but we're currently working on an expansion for King of New York and this special project for King of Tokyo that we still hope to release in 2015, and we're also planning another expansion at least for 2016.
We're currently looking to hire a project manager (in France) entirely for this series of games, so things could really speed up in the coming months…

Thanks for the prompt update. Very glad things are still in the works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Lawrence
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattintheweb wrote:
Matthieu, if Iello make the decision to create models for KoT/KoNY in a collectors/special edition of the game. Please, Please make them available as a seperate purchase. I'd love to pimp out my game with models vice the included standies. The standies are completly servicable, but I'd perfer to see an actual Kraken or Dragon etc on the board.
Yes, I've seen enough images on this webpage of keen gamers making thier own, but I'd happily cough up a few more dollars to have the official Iello monsters.
/two cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would but custom monster figures.

I would buy custom dice sets for each monster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan García
Mexico
Monterrey
Nuevo Leon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I'm sitting here, still waiting for KoT expansion news. I would love to see different dice mechanics like the ones in KoNY, for me the numbers in the dice are as a safe spot for my opponents. We only use claws, energy and hearts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor De Boer
United States
Comstock Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
April 8th, 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattintheweb wrote:
trevordeboer wrote:

Mattintheweb,

Can you give us any updates as to if there is still a planned expansion for KoT, and if so, an approximate release date?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trevordeboer wrote:
Can you give us any updates as to if there is still a planned expansion for KoT, and if so, an approximate release date?
Yes, we definitely plan new expansions for KoT in 2016.
We should have several big announcements to make in the coming months, but I can't say more for now, sorry.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan García
Mexico
Monterrey
Nuevo Leon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattintheweb wrote:
trevordeboer wrote:
Yes, we definitely plan new expansions for KoT in 2016.
We should have several big announcements to make in the coming months, but I can't say more for now, sorry.whistle

I'm pretty excited waiting for some news about new expansions for KoT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aristides Chrapalos
Greece
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please give as more information!!!

It's been a year.

We are dying here!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.