Mathew Tucker
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Nicholas Pham discusses a Gobby strategy in the upcoming meta
http://www.diceanon.com/?p=464
What are your thoughts of Gobby in the upcoming release of Uncanny X-men? Is it going to be as easy to keep him running? There seems to be some specific counters, but that doesn't mean every one will be bringing them. Do you think He is still viable, or a wash?

Let me know your thoughts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he'll still be viable, but I think he'll wind up in a fairly Heroic heavy Uncanny set for most players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas P.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BigIV wrote:
I think he'll still be viable, but I think he'll wind up in a fairly Heroic heavy Uncanny set for most players.

That's kind of an odd statement to me. I don't really see the synergy between Gobby and heroic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Tucker
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmb
BigIV wrote:

Please elaborate. I'm curious. Maybe we're all missing something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DiceAnon wrote:
Nicholas Pham discusses a Gobby strategy in the upcoming meta
http://www.diceanon.com/?p=464
What are your thoughts of Gobby in the upcoming release of Uncanny X-men? Is it going to be as easy to keep him running? There seems to be some specific counters, but that doesn't mean every one will be bringing them. Do you think He is still viable, or a wash?

Let me know your thoughts!
What are your thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Tucker
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmb
crambaza wrote:
What are your thoughts?

I played Gobby in the WKO, but that's the only place I've really played with him competitively. I enjoy powerful cards, but not OP cards. I felt in the previous setting he was drastically OP. Now, with the addition of UXM, I see him having a lot less clout. He'll be strong, but there are counters.
I personally would much rather see new forms of midrange and control Squads. Whenever you can break the Meta with things people haven't come up with or the not-so-obvious, that's where it's fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ducimus
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mynameisthis wrote:
BigIV wrote:

That's kind of an odd statement to me. I don't really see the synergy between Gobby and heroic.

I don't know if he was suggesting that there were synergies or just that he sees the meta weighting towards using a lot of heroics along with power cards like gobby

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Szpyra
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Gobby almost exclusively in the last 3 OP's and done well enough that I am looking forward to having to think about team building in the new meta. (So far it's been Gobby + 7 cards and 16 dice that I will never buy)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried Gobby, Tsarina, Johnny Storm with Professor X; It accelerated the strategy to an insane degree. Gobby isn't going anywhere until banned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.