Subject: Balance with included Promo-Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex
Germany
Attendorn
flag msg tools
mb
This is not so much as a variant, as a small tweak to preserve balance of the game when playing with those 4 Promo-Cards included, that were available at Essen 2014:
Since one of the three Victory-Conditions includes the number of accumulated Blue Crystals as soon as the deck has been depleted, players should, before starting the game, remove 4 random cards from the shuffled deck. Thus, you're always playing with 60 cards total, plus the removal of random cards might favor certain colours during each game in a subtle way, which I find an exciting premise. At least that's the way we we're playing it right from the start.

Awesome game, by the way. Simple, straightforward rules, VERY accessible, yet enough chaos and tactics to make every game unique and exciting. This is one of those games you can play in between breaks, and still want to ask for a re-match immediately afterwards.
I really hope there will be expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MOYON
France
Thorigné-Fouillard
BZH
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
diceman2k4 wrote:
This is not so much as a variant, as a small tweak to preserve balance of the game when playing with those 4 Promo-Cards included, that were available at Essen 2014:
Since one of the three Victory-Conditions includes the number of accumulated Blue Crystals as soon as the deck has been depleted, players should, before starting the game, remove 4 random cards from the shuffled deck. Thus, you're always playing with 60 cards total, plus the removal of random cards might favor certain colours during each game in a subtle way, which I find an exciting premise. At least that's the way we we're playing it right from the start.

Awesome game, by the way. Simple, straightforward rules, VERY accessible, yet enough chaos and tactics to make every game unique and exciting. This is one of those games you can play in between breaks, and still want to ask for a re-match immediately afterwards.
I really hope there will be expansions.

Just finished a game at lunch! Great game I agree. Thanks for pointing out the 60 cards trick, you're totaly right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.