Popular Tags: [View All]
Cristina Fuentes
Spain
Rubi
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading through these forums I can't find an answer to:

1. You can only use the "scout" ability of a disk on the first round of the game (on deployment), so if you leave them in the reserve and reinforce them later in the game you lost the capacity of scouting?

2. More of the same with the deployment zone "Feint", it's the first round (before any deployment) the only time you can move it? or can you move it every round after subsequent deployments (or are those reinforcements and not deplyments?) :S

I can't really wrap my mind around those 2 things soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni Cornara
Italy
Varese
flag msg tools
https://snipertroll.wordpress.com - https://shiftingmists.wordpress.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kitsuru wrote:
After reading through these forums I can't find an answer to:

1. You can only use the "scout" ability of a disk on the first round of the game (on deployment), so if you leave them in the reserve and reinforce them later in the game you lost the capacity of scouting?

That's right, Scouts are best deployed at the beginning of the game, otherwise they couldn't benefit from their bonus move.
For disks with Scout and Flank (like the Ellyrian Reavers or the Huntsmen) you would need to choose one, either deploy them at the beginning of the game and scout, or keep them in reserve and possibly benefit from Flank

Kitsuru wrote:
2. More of the same with the deployment zone "Feint", it's the first round (before any deployment) the only time you can move it? or can you move it every round after subsequent deployments (or are those reinforcements and not deplyments?) :S

I can't really wrap my mind around those 2 things soblue

A deployment zone with Feint can be moved once, just before you deploy your disks during step 8 of the Setup. This means that f other players deploy before you, you can see their deployment and then decide to feint. Once you have deployed your disks, however, you can't move your deployment zone anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristina Fuentes
Spain
Rubi
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the fast response!

I was thinking like you but wasn't sure

Just in time for the demo at a local store this afternoon (now with no doubt about rules!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Kitsuru wrote:
... (now with no doubt about rules!)

Trust me dude, there will be plenty more doubts, questions and confusion. Fortunately, there is an FAQ in the files section here, which is updated regularly. There are also FAQs from the developer here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peterpotamus wrote:
Kitsuru wrote:
... (now with no doubt about rules!)

Trust me dude, there will be plenty more doubts, questions and confusion. Fortunately, there is an FAQ in the files section here, which is updated regularly. There are also FAQs from the developer here.
Yes, but these questions are quite easily resolved. As you say, the FAQ is updated quite quickly after questions come up; it is also pretty complete. I find that Warhammer is really not bad at all: the terms are quite precise, the "holes" left in the rules are quite few and are patched in quite a natural and consistent way, and I remember a single erratum (Heinrich Kemmler). Not bad at all…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.