Popular Tags: [View All]
kevin WASEY
United Kingdom
rochester
kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi guys
I have just finished making a foam core insert for mice and mystics a couple of pictures are shown in the recent images section.
I have more images and inserts for sale on ebay uk the mice and mystics item number shown here 191387084289 can be seen there now along with more of my inserts for other games.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mice-and-mystics-black-foamboard-b...
But the real reason I'm telling you this is because I would like to read your views and comments as this is a section of the hobby I am very interested in. please be constructive with your comments let me know whats good and what maybe needs a rethink. I cant make a box that suits every ones taste who can? but I do want all my inserts to contain a dice tray (of course assuming there is dice).

I asked Rodney Smith of Watch it played for hes advice and he said to to post some text on the forums so here I am he also gave me some more great advice.
so guys please help a Dad that's at home make some improvements that may in the end may hopefully end up by being inside one of your game boxes
thanks kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
How easy are the nesting inserts to lull out of each nesting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin WASEY
United Kingdom
rochester
kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have made them very easy to remove and that then brings me to another point of why I made that thin channel run across the middle of the insert,it act's like a handle in a tool tray. just lift the whole tray out from a central and balanced point.
I hope that helps.
thanks for your question

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Neeters. I've been assembling my own from foamcore. Thats been a messy learning experience!

Though I have been aiming for a single piece arrangement.

Something that I ran into unforeseen was the troughs for the cards for example being too snug to easily get the cards out of the insert. oops! Restarting project. grumble.

How well do yours work for getting the stuff back out once in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin WASEY
United Kingdom
rochester
kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I approached this problem was to put my main figure/dice tray right next to the smaller pile of creature cards, that means after I remove that tray those cards are super easy to remove then the main cards are easy to remove next as it has a cut out for your finger to slide through.
Also the tiny creature cards shown top right well underneath them is another piece of foam core that separate the two decks

same thing with every thing else the hp tokens go to the table so you take and replace as you play and under the special token box are the character cards yet again easy to remove and put back.

once you have placed your small game trays on the table and removed your selected mice you just place your thumb and fingers on either side of the channel and lift up remove the boards you want and play.

the hardest part is getting real smooth straight square cuts.
if you look at my dungeon lords insert you will see some real rough cutting on the top, why? because after I finished making the tray I thought hey that top board would be great to hold everything in without moving so I just hacked it off lol
I just thought If I get to make that again for anyone I can do the job properly then but seeing as it's my box it don't matter.

just keep trying and maybe use the cheap white foam board 1st I used up 20 A2 sheets of black and it ain't cheap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.