Popular Tags: [View All]
Emmanouil Karakostas
Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As i saw, the Dragon (Tier 3), states that i should also use a random
Tier 1 minion so i do the setup for this Tier also, and take the AI cards for these minions too.

In the heat of battle.......how am i suppose to know which minion is which??????

they are all the same.....

am i missing something?

thanks!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Niewiadomski
Poland
Lodz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's very easy, you just take two encounter cards and setup both of them. Bosses use different counters, so there shouldn't be a problem in distinguishing which is a minion, and which is a boss.
Without any special rules on the encounter cards, you activate two minions per player, and then the boss once.

If you use Exploding Tomatoes, they use boss counters, so just put one secret marker near or on them when you reveal an exploding one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanouil Karakostas
Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So do i use two different AI decks, for minion and boss movements?

and then i choose which one to move, by selecting two minions, supposing that these are the ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Niewiadomski
Poland
Lodz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a bit confused, so I will try to explain the whole procedure of adding tier 1 minions into tier 3 encounters.

When you draw a Dragon or Evilmancer Hycorax, it tells you to setup additional minions randomly selected from one of the three T1 (tier 1) encounters. For now, ignore the T1, just setup the T3 (tier 3) encounter with only boss (there is only one character on these encounters, Tentacle Monster have his own minions and does not use T1 monsters).

After you finished, shuffle T1 deck, then draw one card.

Now setup the T1 minions as described on the card, if there is odd number of minions, one starts adjacent to the boss (as per normal grouping rules, two monsters in each group).

No shuffle the T3 AI deck, put it somewhere near T3 encounter card, then shuffle T1 AI deck, put it somewhere near T1 encounter card.
You finished the setup.

When battling the monsters, you first activate two minions per player, and after each player finished his activations, draw cards for the boss (both Dragon and Hycorax have special rules for activation). Remember about th Aura Card for Hycorax, drawn after roll phase.

There are never two types of minions in one battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.