Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shelia Wright
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to buy flash point fire rescue but I wasn't sure what the difference between the editions are??? Will all the expansions work with first edition? Were there any mistakes in first edition? Which should I get?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Solt
United States
Palmerton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The issues with first edition was a misprinted 8 sided die. The numbers wouldn't be on the other side of the board for the flipping mechanic. Also first came with wooden pawns, while second were plastic.

No rule changes that I am aware of.

Just to be on the safe side, you should get second edition so you have a proper die. That flipping mechanic is crucial for the deck gun to work properly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only difference I am aware of is the first edition D8 was bad. No joke, part of the fire placement mechanism allows you to "flip" a die roll and the numbers need to match up correctly. Most gamers have a spare a D8 to sub but it's worth noting.

That and the firefighter meeples have "evolved" over the editions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a first edition you should have gotten the corrected die.
So assuming you a buying a used copy it should not be a problem.

Also you could always do the old +- 4 bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Stables
Australia
Lawson
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:

Interested to know by how much the "evolution" has occurred since the 2nd edition (which I have).

Cheers
Nick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
Soltydog wrote:
The issues with first edition was a misprinted 8 sided die. The numbers wouldn't be on the other side of the board for the flipping mechanic. Also first came with wooden pawns, while second were plastic.

No rule changes that I am aware of.

Just to be on the safe side, you should get second edition so you have a proper die. That flipping mechanic is crucial for the deck gun to work properly.

Not all first edition copies had a bad D8. Only the first print run did, which was Kickstarter copies and early retail copies. I bought a first edition copy in spring/summer 2012 and it came with wooden meeples and the correct D8.

Also, the rulebook is slightly different in the second edition. I don't think any rules actually changed, they just streamlined and clarified some things a bit. I believe that it may have also come with a "quick start" guide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tyree
United States
Dayton
Ohio (OH)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pusboyau wrote:
Robrob wrote:

Interested to know by how much the "evolution" has occurred since the 2nd edition (which I have).

Cheers
Nick

I believe it was regular wooden pawns -> firefighter meeples -> plastic firefighter figures

Then there was the big expansion that had similar plastic firefighter figures but role-specific.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelia Wright
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Garcia
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Micheal is kinda right. The very first edition I got came with ordinary wooden pawns in six colours. There were wooden fire meeples that some people got but that must have been a KickStarter thing (I missed this initial Kickstarter). Then they brought out plastic firefighter figures, but they all looked the same and were six different colours to differentiate players.

NOW we have these AWESOME firefighter figures that match each role you choose.

I love this game and have Kickstarted everything since I found out about the game, including the new maps which are an Airplane and a Subway Station. Can't wait to get those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Garcia
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, here's a pic of all the figure except the ones you'll find now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerrit Casjens
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Davedude77 wrote:

You missed the custom meeples for each role

But they were a Kickstarter only thing, weren't they?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Stables
Australia
Lawson
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Refardeon wrote:
Davedude77 wrote:

You missed the custom meeples for each role

But they were a Kickstarter only thing, weren't they?

The specific role meeples are in Flash Point: Fire Rescue – Extreme Danger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
costguy wrote:
If you have a first edition you should have gotten the corrected die.
So assuming you a buying a used copy it should not be a problem.

Also you could always do the old +- 4 bit.

I was supposed to get a corrected die?

I never did. We just use 9-x to get the flip value, which confuses my entire family, except me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Byrd
United States
Gladwyne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crambaza wrote:
We just use 9-x to get the flip value, which confuses my entire family, except me.

I don't think that's right. Flipping a 1 should get you a 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerrit Casjens
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jackbird wrote:
crambaza wrote:
We just use 9-x to get the flip value, which confuses my entire family, except me.

It doesn't matter if you use "9-x" or "x+4 if x < 5 or x-4 if x >= 5" as long as you use one method throughout the whole session.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
The Babylon Project was our last best hope for peace. It failed. In the year of the Shadow War, it became something greater, our last best hope for victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
Refardeon wrote:
jackbird wrote:
crambaza wrote:

It doesn't matter if you use "9-x" or "x+4 if x < 5 or x-4 if x >= 5" as long as you use one method throughout the whole session.

Right, either method is fine as long as you are consistent. The X+/-4 is fine for just shifting everything into the other quadrant, but the 9-X is more consistent with most numbered dice with the sum of each pair of opposite sides equalling 1 more than the number of sides (or at least the highest numbered side in the case of most D10 which are typically numbered 0 - 9). I will have to see how it plays out after I get the expansion that uses a D12. I think that might need to be a +/- 4 or 8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Lambert
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There seem to be two different "Ranch House" maps; the vehicle parking locations vary, but I didn't notice any other mechanical differences. Is this something to do with the edition, or something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.