Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I met my brother at The Game Parlor in Chantilly, VA for some casual card gaming. While there he was told about this game by the staff. It is a game developed by a former Game Parlor employee. The game is available at the store and online retailers like Amazon and Think Geek.

If you buy the game at the store, you will be given an errata card that replaces one in the game and a promo card.

The Gameplay

Extremely simple, play a card, draw a card. Anything that gets discarded goes in "The Dumpster" some cards will allow you to go into the dumpster to retrieve cards. Once per game as your turn you can use your character's special action or you can trade out your weapon for a new one from your hand. The players take turns playing positive modifiers (like "Double Barreled" or "Black Market") on their own weapons and negative modifiers (like "Your Mom's and "O.S.H.A. approved) on their opponent's weapons. During play, look out for the symbols on the cards. Some cards can only be played on a weapon or modification with a certain symbol like "fragile" or "uses fuel". Other than that, and whatever the cards tell you can do, your ultimate goal is to build THE MOST BADASS zombie killing weapon before the horde or National Guard arrives.

The Deck:

Character Cards: Each one with a fun name loosely based on either an actor or stereotyped personality. I played "Ricky Chin" an Asian gentleman that looks suspiciously like someone that may have played in a movie alongside Chris Tucker, the actor's name escapes me though. My brother played as "Mother Urf" a hippy mom hell bent on cleansing the planet of all these polluting zombies, or so I assume.

Action Cards: that allow you to do various things like change out your weapon, cause someone to lose their weapon and some other clever stuff.

Reaction Cards: These cards are played in reaction to something that occurs in the game, like if a player plays a card on you or if they try to play a card on themselves. They usually block or alter the effect of the played cards.

Weapon Cards: Weapons run the gamut of a board with a nail in it, katanas, chainsaw, Molotov Cocktail, etc. If it's been in a zombie movie or video game, it's probably here.

Weapon Modifiers: Laser sight, double barreled, [nun]chucked, and so on for the positives and yes, you can have double barreled stop sign nun chucks. Your efforts to keep other's weapons not so badass can be achieved through the negative mods like the weapon being pink or being formerly owned by your mom, and others.

The game is quick, fun, and easy to learn. The only issue we had with the game was the rules being spread out over six cards, with some rules being in pretty small print. In our opinion a single sheet of rules would have been a little easier to follow, but we got through it. The game could have used a little more content in the realm of action or other cards. We both ended up with hands full of weapons and only a couple of actions in the midst of playing every modification we picked up.

This one gets:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.