Subject: Fighting monster question. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sam faraci
Australia
melbourne
victoria
flag msg tools
When fighting the ancient one with other monsters in the same space,is there a priority rule in which monster to fight? For instance if i was fighting the ancient one and he had other monsters in his space with him,can i fight him first and kill him and win the game without fighting the other monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which ancient one are you fighting, please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are playing with the Forsaken Lore expansion, then you have to encounter non-epic monsters first. If you're only playing with the basegame, then there is no specific order i.e. you can choose to encounter the GOO first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renjie Zhou
Belgium
Baal (Tremelo)
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You encounter every monster on the space in any order you like.
Even the Boss. And you only win afther the mythos phase. Defeating a Ancient one counts as a mysterie. And Mysteries are resolved afther the mythos phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renjie Zhou
Belgium
Baal (Tremelo)
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 what Mark Bauer said.

If you play with the expansion Forsaken Lore. Then none-epic monsters go first in any order then Epic / boss monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Thiltgen
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Saigetsu wrote:
Even the Boss. And you only win afther the mythos phase. Defeating a Ancient one counts as a mysterie. And Mysteries are resolved afther the mythos phase.

You are misinformed. Every single one of the final mysteries (as of the Forsaken Lore expansion) on the back of the Ancient One cards state that you win as soon as you finish the mystery, NOT at the end of the mythos phase. So as soon as you defeat the Yig, Chthulu and Shub-Niggurath epic monsters, you win the game. I'm pretty sure that's why the expansion added the rule that you have to fight the other monsters in the space first. Even the Yog-Sothoth card says that as soon as the required number of tokens are on the card, you win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
If you are playing with the Forsaken Lore expansion, then you have to encounter non-epic monsters first. If you're only playing with the basegame, then there is no specific order i.e. you can choose to encounter the GOO first.

True, but... unless you have a burning reason to do otherwise, I recommend taking the training wheels off even if you're playing with the base set only, and just use the "epic monsters last" rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renjie Zhou
Belgium
Baal (Tremelo)
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnwatersfan wrote:
Saigetsu wrote:

You are misinformed. Every single one of the final mysteries (as of the Forsaken Lore expansion) on the back of the Ancient One cards state that you win as soon as you finish the mystery, NOT at the end of the mythos phase. So as soon as you defeat the Yig, Chthulu and Shub-Niggurath epic monsters, you win the game. I'm pretty sure that's why the expansion added the rule that you have to fight the other monsters in the space first. Even the Yog-Sothoth card says that as soon as the required number of tokens are on the card, you win.

You are completely right sir. Sorry for the miss information. Apparently i'm playing the game harder then it should.
Anyways, thx for correcting me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam faraci
Australia
melbourne
victoria
flag msg tools
Cool,thanks for your help guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.