Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Jamieson
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just picked up this game and got a couple plays in.

I just wanted to say thanks for including such wonderful components Z-MAN. I'm sure as a publisher you could have chosen differently to cut cost but I'm really glad you didn't.
The Treatment Center ring is a nice hard plastic and so are the pawns.
Also it was wonderful to see engraved dice.
Pegs done in the shape of syringes and player cards that are ID badges.

To top it all off the the cardboard CDC and region discs came pre punched.

Bravo Z-MAN games, Bravo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1
Want to add the thick and sturdy box!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suzanne Bruinsma
Netherlands
Voorburg
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1

If I'm very picky the plastic ring could have been done different (plastic is not really my taste). But everything looks amazing!!! These dice are great! I'm in love with this game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Gilliland
Canada
TOronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
love everything except the event cards. they feel flimsy to me. but everything else is stellar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved the cards, so I didn't care much about flimsyness.

I rhink the only thing that doesn't fit the awesome looking components are the pawns. The are just... pawns...

Maybe I find some cool minis to replace them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I was pleasantly surprised at the heavy, hard plastic ring but the peg doesn't fit in the "0" hole on the Outbreak track. That's disappointing and, frankly, I don't understand how that happened.

Also, one the of the character cards was bent in the package when it was shrink wrapped because the card stuck up out of the pack 1/8 inch.

These are small things, but it's the small details that people notice, for good or ill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sodaklady wrote:
I was pleasantly surprised at the heavy, hard plastic ring but the peg doesn't fit in the "0" hole on the Outbreak track. That's disappointing and, frankly, I don't understand how that happened.

Mine was the same (the peg fit in the back, but not in front). I understand the disappointment. If you haven't fixed it yet, I used a drill bit (not attached to the drill) to enlarge the hole. It didn't damage the printing or ring, which were my concerns, and only took a minute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had no problem fixing it--a shop full of tools usually supplies the answer--but not everyone has that option easily available. For them, starting the peg off the board is the only option aside from whittling down the peg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xav de Matos
United States
Valley Village
California
flag msg tools
Youtube.com/XavTLG
badge
Youtube.com/XavTLG
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately I didn't get a good copy of the game, it seems. My treatment center (the plastic ring) had its art misaligned on it. So some of the art is bubbling and was torn in the box. It looks like the ring itself has some sort of incurable disease. There's also a dried, glue-like substance on my ring and a series of scratches... almost like the machine printing and assembling them was either knocked off center or really wanted to go on a coffee break.

I pinged ZMAN to try to get a replacement ring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Connell
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love all the components except the cards. They are so cheap and flimsy! I love the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jsc19702 wrote:
Love all the components except the cards. They are so cheap and flimsy! I love the game.

I used to agree that "thin" meant "bad quality" but after over 150 games of Martian Rails, the thin cards look like brand new.

It isn't the thickness of the cards that mean quality, it's the quality of the paper. And only time will tell in that regards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lemon
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
briezee wrote:
Mine was the same (the peg fit in the back, but not in front). I understand the disappointment. If you haven't fixed it yet, I used a drill bit (not attached to the drill) to enlarge the hole. It didn't damage the printing or ring, which were my concerns, and only took a minute.

I'm "glad" (in the sense that I'm sorry others had to experience it as well, but at least I know it's a widespread known issue) it's not just me.

What sized bit did you use and how did you go about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gandalf the Greyjoy
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The box quality is amazing, really! The surface is thick, it makes me wanna pet it, almost
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.