Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rankings after playing a solo game
20 or less for Novice up to 66 or more for Demigod status.

Should all those rankings really be 100 more than what is shown (120 or less for Novice, 166 or more for Demigod)? Because I found it incredibly easy to score well over 66 points. In fact I figured there's probably a maximum of 176 points available before taking into account any subtractions from the Time Deck (which never seems to get over 2 or 3 cards).

Get every card in play that has the track symbols on it (crown, castle, helmet), get every card in play with VP's on it, and max out each of your player board tracks has a total of 176 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... or I won't bear with you!
badge
Phil Eklund's games are like a bar of gold from a complete stranger.
mbmbmbmbmb
Murr wrote:
Because I found it incredibly easy to score well over 66 points. In fact I figured there's probably a maximum of 176 points available before taking into account any subtractions from the Time Deck (which never seems to get over 2 or 3 cards).

You add one card to the Time Deck at the end of each turn. Unless you finish your game in two or three turns, something must be wrong there.

Rule Book wrote:
At the end of each turn, reveal the top card of the current Age deck [...] place that card aside in a separate pile called the Time deck. If there is no such card, your game ends in defeat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule says, in my copy that came today in the mail from the KS campaign.

Rulebook wrote:
At the end of your turn, reveal the top card of the current Age deck (if the deck is exhausted, shuffle the corresponding discard pile to the recreate the draw pile). If the card depicts a new age symbol (II, III, IV) place that card in the correct discard pile and reveal the next card until such a symbol is not present on that card. Place that card aside in a separate pile called the Time deck. If there is no such card, your game ends in defeat.

That means, to me, that you flip up the first card of the current Age deck.

Does it have a new age symbol?
--No? put it back down on the top of the deck, continue with your next turn.
--Yes? discard it to the discard pile, and look at the next card.

Does it have a new age symbol on it?
--No? Add that card to the time deck, continue with your next turn.
--Yes? Repeat the process until you find one without a new age symbol on it. If you run out of cards, you lose.

You do not add a card to the time deck every turn that I can see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph M.
Germany
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it could have been more clearly written, but the rules say you draw a card and place it on the time stack. Unless the card has a new age symbol; in the case you discard it and draw again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tong Chi Wai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Murr wrote:

For No, it seems that you should put the card into the Time Deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Murr wrote:
The rule says, in my copy that came today in the mail from the KS campaign.

Rulebook wrote:
At the end of your turn, reveal the top card of the current Age deck (if the deck is exhausted, shuffle the corresponding discard pile to the recreate the draw pile). If the card depicts a new age symbol (II, III, IV) place that card in the correct discard pile and reveal the next card until such a symbol is not present on that card. Place that card aside in a separate pile called the Time deck. If there is no such card, your game ends in defeat.

That means, to me, that you flip up the first card of the current Age deck.

Does it have a new age symbol on it?
--No? Add that card to the time deck, continue with your next turn.
--Yes? Repeat the process until you find one without a new age symbol on it. If you run out of cards, you lose.

You do not add a card to the time deck every turn that I can see.
Pretty sure that you have this wrong!

Draw card
a) if there is no card to draw shuffle the discard deck to make a new deck
b) if there is no draw pile or discard pile then you lose.
c) if it's a new age, discard and draw again - go to (a)
d) if it's not a new age, add it to the time pile

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the way I understand the solo rules is basically

1) add a time card EVERY TURN. this must be a non age advancing card. if all you have in the current age is age advancing cards (or none) you lose.

2) you lose 1 point for each of the first 7 cards in the time deck. so the first 7 turns lose you 7 points.

3) the second 7 cards lose you 2 points each or 14 points (total loss 21)

etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris Coyote wrote:
I think it could have been more clearly written, but the rules say you draw a card and place it on the time stack. Unless the card has a new age symbol; in the case you discard it and draw again.

On re-reading it with that in mind, yeah I'm doing it wrong.. No wonder it seemed to easy. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
2) you lose 1 point for each of the first 7 cards in the time deck. so the first 7 turns lose you 7 points.

And this puts a huge hole in my score every time! With something like 15 turns in a game that's -24 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
Klaxas wrote:

And this puts a huge hole in my score every time! With something like 15 turns in a game that's -24 points.

yeah my first solo score was...... sadly disappointing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tong Chi Wai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My best solo score is 88.

Shown as follow:

Solo game till end of Age 4. Prestige 37, Population 35, Army 21, personal 33, time deck -39, Culture 1. Total 88: Demigod.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok my first play through on the solo mode, I got 33 points. Not too bad for a first time out. This game is a big puzzle (in a good way) (Age III)

Edit: Added age per request of post just below this one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course! We should have been asking whether solo games are ending on Age III or Age IV. Makes a lot of difference on the main score track - disproportionate to the Time track cost I suspect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
Of course! We should have been asking whether solo games are ending on Age III or Age IV. Makes a lot of difference on the main score track - disproportionate to the Time track cost I suspect.

Start posting your scores in this thread http://boardgamegeek.com/article/17297192

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The list with Demigod at 66+ VP is just the basic game without milestones, personalities or Age IV. Maybe we, or the designer, can come up with another table for Age IV and the mini expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.