Subject: Petition ruling question. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Zook

Dayton
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group gets how 3 of the same order counts as a jack, but in the last sentence we had disagreement on what playing as you wish meant ... Some said it reads that petition allows playing the 3 same order as that order instead of following (as you wish wording), where I read it as an explain action that you can play 3 of same and still choose the same when leading/following (to functionally reduce hand size and/or increase pool). They agree with my interpretation, but feel that was already obvious and the play as you wish wording allowed breaking following rules.
Please help clarify for us!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You play 3 of the same to either:

- Lead a Role if you are the Leader, and choose what Role you want to do

- Follow a Role, if you are not the Leader and just follow the Role the leader has chosen

You usually do this when you want do Lead a Role that you don't have a card or a Jack to play, Follow a Role that you don't have a card to play or a Jack to play...

Or if you have a card of the correct role to play but it's the only one you have and you want to use it has a building

That's it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie H
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sorry about that, Chief
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing 3 cards of the same role is the same as playing a Jack, you can use it to lead or follow ANY role.

The "As you wish" wording was added because, pre-I.V, there was some confusion about whether a player could play, for example, three Laborers to lead/follow a Laborer role (using three Laborers to lead/follow, say, a Merchant role has always been accepted).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.