3 Posts

Elder Sign» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ashcan Pete - best traider ever??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Pete special ability he can buy common item for 2 trophies in the shop and transform it to unique item or even spell that costs 3-4 trophies, is it right? I think this work similar to Monterey, Bob and Dexter abilities, that works in the shop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orion Anderson
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
That definitely doesn't make him the best trader. Getting 2 for 1, even 2 commons for one, is better than just getting a unique for the cost of a common. I think it's better on straight trophies, but the real cost of buying items is time, anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sverre
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daimond wrote:
According to Pete special ability he can buy common item for 2 trophies in the shop and transform it to unique item or even spell that costs 3-4 trophies, is it right? I think this work similar to Monterey, Bob and Dexter abilities, that works in the shop.

His ability just says "when you gain", so yes, it should work in the shop.

I agree with Orion that this doesn't make him fantastic. I think going to the shop is usually either a waste of time or a sign that you are already losing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.