Popular Tags: [View All]
Stasia Doster
United States
Sherman
Texas
flag msg tools
If I am not gaming, I am reading!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would really like to be able to use Vassal to improve my skills with the game Mage Knight. I have a lot of downtime at my job and thought that using Vassal would help pass the long nights. However, once I get the MK module downloaded, I have no idea how to go from there. I want to play offline, just the solo game. I can get into the game, but have no idea how to choose a scenario or a character for that matter. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Ryan
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
each vassal module (read game) is a little different. I have not tried Mage Knight on Vassal so am not familiar with how the module works. If no one on BGG replies with a good answer (which is unlikely) try the vassal Face book pages...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stasia Doster
United States
Sherman
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestion, Rob.

I tried looking for some kind of tutorial regarding Vassal on YouTube, but the one I thought would help had such poor audio that it was pretty useless (and it was not on Mage Knight either.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Ryan
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
another thought, place this question in the mage knight entry on bgg

and see this link: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1244991/mage-knight-vassal

the guy who wrote the vassal module is commenting so you can contact him (the guy from japan)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stasia Doster
United States
Sherman
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Thanks again, Rob.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Questioning Answers is as important as Answering Questions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that one takes some work to get into. It's well worth it though!

There's a help text under Help > Mage Knight module guide & help text in the top bar menu of the module.

To start a solo game you scroll down in the main map window (with the blue wedge). There are four "cards" below the map, click the leftmost with the text NEW GAME 3 mana dice. This takes a few seconds. Afterwards 5 new buttons appear above the enemy tokens. Click the one for Solo conquest scenario and you're all ready to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stasia Doster
United States
Sherman
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ElSethe wrote:
Yeah, that one takes some work to get into. It's well worth it though!

There's a help text under Help > Mage Knight module guide & help text in the top bar menu of the module.

To start a solo game you scroll down in the main map window (with the blue wedge). There are four "cards" below the map, click the leftmost with the text NEW GAME 3 mana dice. This takes a few seconds. Afterwards 5 new buttons appear above the enemy tokens. Click the one for Solo conquest scenario and you're all ready to go.

Great! Thanks for the help. I will give that a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.