Dragonscroll» Forums » Rules

Subject: Discussion about rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oliver Wiatrak
msg tools
Hi there,
I finally got Box from a retailer for a fair price
Yesterday I played my first game and now I have some questions about some rules. Perhaps there are others who have some questions about the rules we can discuss here.

Rules that are not clear to me (correct me please if I unterstood something wrong )

Move Dragon
"The player must now fly their dragon to a new tile, unless unable to move (unlikely)."
If I can't kill an foe/foes I have to move out of the tile in the next round. But what will happen if it is knight
("dragons cannot help themselves when it comes to fighting knights - they are like catnip to them")? Due the sentence we stayed in the tile until the knight was killed. right or wrong?

Goats (does anybody know, why the goat has a sheep-figure?)
Can I pick up a goat if there is still an enemy in the tile?

Village
Will the wall ball of an elven-village protect orks?
Doesn't sounds logically but but nothing else is mentioned.
Perhaps this can be an optional home-rule...

Looking forward how you play the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Steuperaert
Belgium
Desselgem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm only played once but will try.

Move dragon. You can move away from the knight as far as I know but I you try to move passed one then you have to stop.

Goats are free to take you don't even have to do combat.

The goats are in fact angora goat and they just look like sheep :-) Anyway the goat making tool broke down and since they had a schedule to uphold they had to adjust and went with angora goat meeples which by coincidence look exactly like sheep.

Any village can give shelter to any type of enemy. For us in our mind its just that that type of enemy got some intel of me mighty dragon approaching and they went to find shelter in the village. I agree it can feel a bit antithematic but it does not bother me.

Game is fun but very very much dependant on luck for what I have seen so far. The big flaming tower of death is very random and it also favours orcs allot more then any other kind. Orcs most followed by elves and dwarves about equal and the hardest to hit is the back(wizard and knight) although I have seen fireball launching techniques which seem to influence this :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent JEHL
France
HAUT-RHIN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Oliver,

Welcome on BGG

Moving your dragon is mandatory, you are absolutely right. Actually, knights are some kind of a "must-stop" when you are moving and pass through a landscape with a knight on it.
On your next turn, you have to move and leave the knight if he was not defeated in the previous round. This is how we played at home.

Concerning the goats, yeah everything is explained here :
The Story of the Goat Meeple replacements
And here :
Disaster strikes!

Villages are only your concern when your dragon is adjacent to them. They protect every foes (no matter the type) by adding the wall ball in order to neutralize one category.

Enjoy your game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Wiatrak
msg tools
Thank's a lot for the quick response and infos

Next time we will leave the knight on his own after a lost battle whistle

@Vincents: thx for welcome me too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the answer is No, but can sheep be used as one of the enemies used to complete a fireball frenzy dragonscroll card? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.