Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefanos Pallas
Greece
Trikala
flag msg tools
badge
Achilles and Ajax playing a boardgame
mbmbmbmbmb
At 8.12, the rule book defines the pre-shock procedure. At the following 4 bullets, it describes the restrictions that apply during the combat resolution. I can't tell what a Shock Combat segment is and, therefore, clarify the unit involvement.

To be more precise, there is a situation where 4 defending units will be shock attacked by 4 attacking units. The 3 attacking units are positioned in such a way that each of them faces 2 defending units. Is it possible that they attack both defending units they are facing in subsequent combat phases?
E.g. Units A & B attack unit X. Then, units B faces unit Y. So, is it possible for unit B to attack at both fronts?

Bullet 3 says that "a unit may shock attack only once pre shock combat segment". A segment is the whole procedure or every single combat involving 2 or more units? If it's the latter, then the unit B can attack both units during different combat sessions.

Have a look at the following image to get my point...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryszard Tokarczuk
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In picture above, even with such positions of hoplite units, only 4 combats 1 unit on 1 unit are possible. All will be done in a single Shock Combat Segment.

Your example about units A and B attacking X, then B attacking Y - it`s not possible. While A and B can attack together if they have only X in their frontal hexes, B cannot attack "later" Y - not until its formation will be activated once again - that is another Activation Marker will be pulled, next moves will be resolved (if necessary) and then - combat.

Hope that helps,
Ryszard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefanos Pallas
Greece
Trikala
flag msg tools
badge
Achilles and Ajax playing a boardgame
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for replying, Ryszard.

I would like to clarify more about it. This means that B is mandatory to attack Y because it's the only attacking unit against Y, right?
If that's the case, then A attacks X, B attacks Y, C attacks Z etc, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
stepal wrote:
Thank you for replying, Ryszard.

I would like to clarify more about it. This means that B is mandatory to attack Y because it's the only attacking unit against Y, right?
If that's the case, then A attacks X, B attacks Y, C attacks Z etc, right?

Correct and they are all resolved simultaneously
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.