Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D. Lund
Norway
Stavanger
Rogaland
flag msg tools
mbmb
So, can you only Escape if you are up against a Monster from the Monster Deck? What about monsters from the other decks? None of these have escape penalties, so do you just roll an agility test and escape with no penalty?

I am asking because we just had a few games, testing out each character, and playing as a character with low strength (like Brother Gherinn) you are pretty much dead.
I ran into a Ferrox from the Search Deck after 3 turns and had no chance at all fighting that. Rolling 2 dice hoping for 3 or less is slim. Needless to say I died.

The manual states nothing about escaping from these creatures that are not from the Monster deck. Only that the monster card is revealed...making me think you can only escape from monsters from the Monster Deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
Germany
flag msg tools
Move along, move along...
mbmbmbmbmb
BasenjiMaster wrote:
Needless to say I died.

Sounds like you are playing it right! From what I understand, only monsters with which you perform regular combat can be escaped from. The others are just encounters to resolve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Germany
Dresden
Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matzi1 wrote:
Hmm, an old thread. But... there are no monsters in other decks. Only in the monster deck. Or what monsters are you referring to?

For example a Ferox which you will battle until one of you dies, you cannot escape but it is not a real combat, because you only roling die after another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.