Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Tanner
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Several questions that came up in tonight's game.

Firstly Wind Blast, this spell reads:
If this rolls any hits, move target up to 3 spaces (this move doesn't trigger Guard Reaction).
- Can this move be any 3 legal movement spaces? Can this include portals? Does the target have to be moved back in a straight line, or can it be thru a building and out of LoS of the original attacker? I assume it is any 3 legal movement spaces, even if it takes a "bendy" path out of the original attacker's LoS, but I'm unsure if the target can be moved through a portal or not.

Secondly Das Boot reads:
When you activate a different Hero, you may move this Hero 1 space.
- Does this include moving through a portal? Does this count as "activating" a hero for the purposes of quests like "King of the Arena" in the "BrightSun Arena" scenario (hero ends his activation on one of the quest tokens, put a guild marker on it)? It seems like it doesn't, but I wanted to check. Also, this card does not exhaust when used correct?

Finally, Hate spell reads:
If this rolls any criticals against a Hero, exhaust all of his cards, unless he takes 2 extra Wounds.
- Are these wounds subject to the Hero's defense rolls? E.g. can the Hero roll defense against these 2 wounds, or are they just 2 extra wounds that happen automatically?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bktanner wrote:
Several questions that came up in tonight's game.

If this rolls any hits, move target up to 3 spaces (this move doesn't trigger Guard Reaction).
- Can this move be any 3 legal movement spaces? Can this include portals? Does the target have to be moved back in a straight line, or can it be thru a building and out of LoS of the original attacker? I assume it is any 3 legal movement spaces, even if it takes a "bendy" path out of the original attacker's LoS, but I'm unsure if the target can be moved through a portal or not.

I play any 3 legal spaces, don't remember the rulebook saying anything about portals for monsters so I'm going with no, they can't use portals (as with most games), but there is a slight chance the everyone beside you is an enemy and if you look at it that way then yes, they can use portals.

EDIT: Yes, page 20 under Payback Reaction - states that A moving Monster may choose to open doors and use portals or move in any direction he wishes, following the same Movement rules and restrictions as Heroes.

Secondly Das Boot reads:
- Does this include moving through a portal? Does this count as "activating" a hero for the purposes of quests like "King of the Arena" in the "BrightSun Arena" scenario (hero ends his activation on one of the quest tokens, put a guild marker on it)? It seems like it doesn't, but I wanted to check. Also, this card does not exhaust when used correct?

Just played that scenario today... You typicly only activate one hero per turn thus only the active hero can gain that quest condition. Das Boot works off the acting hero so the one that has Das Boot only move one legal space, yes portals too, but this is not activating that hero thus you cannot move that hero one space on a quest token and put your guild token on that square at the und of its turn as it is not truly activated.... (More like a reaction to something)

If this rolls any criticals against a Hero, exhaust all of his cards, unless he takes 2 extra Wounds.
- Are these wounds subject to the Hero's defense rolls? E.g. can the Hero roll defense against these 2 wounds, or are they just 2 extra wounds that happen automatically?

Unblockable, can't roll dice to defend it.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one note: "Move 1 space" means just that: move 1 space. Using a portal is a different thing. Monsters and Heroes can use portals when they perform their Movement, but not when something tells them to "move 1 space".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Gagnon
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
1) Havent the rulebook near me but I don't recall seeing a note about this. If we go by logic, I say that you can't because its a choice to activate a portal and its not automatic.

2) activating refers to a character your chosing to play for your turn. So just by saying you're playing that character then the boots may be activated as long as its another character that have the das boots.

3) they are not subjects to defense since its a cost to pay to not get all your cards exhausted
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Lund
Norway
Stavanger
Rogaland
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have a question regarding Wind Blast.

Are we understanding correctly that as long as you roll a hit, and even if the hero/monster managed to defend them all, we can still move them 3 spaces? Just that they don't get any damage from the spell?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Penrose
United States
Derby
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If something is triggered from a hit, it doesn't matter if wounds were caused. As long as there is at least one hit the effect takes place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Bourgeois
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
- Move referes specifically spaces. All spaces must be legal, no portal doors or move points abilities can be used. Move 3 spaces is not the same as gain 3 move points.

Secondly Das Boot reads:
- Move 1 space is not the same as gain 1 move point. 1 Space is just that one space. This movement must be legal, and DOES trigger guards reactions.

- These wounds are automatic, no defense roll. The result is that if you target a hero with only 2 hit points it's exaust all cards or DIE, before defense is rolled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stanislav Sidorov
Russia
Yekaterinburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Another question about Wind Blast.
Can I move the monster that I've attacked so it couldn't counterattack me? Or should I reslove my attack+counterattack step completely before I could use the Wind Blast ability?

2) Another question about Das Boot.
When do I get this 1 free move - at the beginning of another Hero's activation or at any point of another Hero's activation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes, you move your target before it executes its payback reaction.

2) You can use Das Boot at any point of the other Heros activation (just not in the middle of an attack+payback resolution.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Castle
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I'd love to see "movement" points changed to "action" points.

You would choose to use your action points to either move or carry out an action such as open/close door or activate portal.

If an enemy makes your character move, then you are simply moving and have no action points, hence no opening/closing doors or activating portals.

It would remove some of the recurring confusion over the issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Lindström
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
With wind blast, is it correct that you move the target excactly as you would move a hero/monster or? That would allowe some funky movement like one space "north" and two spaces "west". We have only moved the target in straight lines and haven't allowed any diagonal movement since three spaces diagonally would put a target really far away from its original space. What is correct, I can't really understand how its supposed to work and this thread haven't really made it any clearer for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The target moves just like it would it it was performing its normal movement. May move in any direction (no diagonals), blocked spaces block him, can't end on a full space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Lindström
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok, thanks for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diversion Architect
msg tools
mbmb
Continuing on Wind Blast, if Bob crits on a Wind Blast, can you move and teleport your ally in any order, even during the Wind Blast movement, as I tried to illustrate in the picture:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Penrose
United States
Derby
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I would allow them to teleport where the "hit" occurred. I would definitely not teleport in the middle of the Wind Blast movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bapenrose wrote:
Personally, I would allow them to teleport where the "hit" occurred. I would definitely not teleport in the middle of the Wind Blast movement.

Any more official ruling on this?
This came up on our last campaign game, and as Bob has two Windblasts I'm sure this will come up often.
One of the sticking points was whether rolling a Crit occurred before or after counting it as a Hit- and whether or not it's the Active player's decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Since both the Wind Blast movement and the Wiz Bang teleport should happen when the CRIT is rolled, the active player can choose the order in which to execute them. But the hero can't be teleported in the middle of the Wind Blast movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tredric Fleming
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I agree. Using portals requires that you'd have movement points. It only states move 3 spaces and not that you get points

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Johnson
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BasenjiMaster wrote:
I have a question regarding Wind Blast.

Are we understanding correctly that as long as you roll a hit, and even if the hero/monster managed to defend them all, we can still move them 3 spaces? Just that they don't get any damage from the spell?

I'm looking for the same answer. Anyone have an understanding here? If the target rolls defense against your attack, do you still get to move the target 3 spaces?

The text says, "If this rolls any hits, move target up to 3 spaces (this move doesn't trigger Guard Reaction).

It doesn't say if those hits have to successfully get through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the general notion for arcadia quest is that rolling hits counts to activate any effect/ability that mentions "hits", if instead it mentions "wounds" then only uncanceled hits would apply.

as such for wind blast, rolling hits is sufficient even if those hits are later canceled by defense dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
the general notion for arcadia quest is that rolling hits counts to activate any effect/ability that mentions "hits", if instead it mentions "wounds" then only uncanceled hits would apply.

as such for wind blast, rolling hits is sufficient even if those hits are later canceled by defense dice.

Life drain works the same way - Hits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.