New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Pi-Shu
mbmbmbmbmb
Two Movement questions for clarification:

Question #1
What is the official ruling on MP cost to enter a hex if there appears to be more than one type of terrain in it?

1. Add all costs together?
Or
2. Use the terrain type in the hex that has the highest MP cost?

For example: In Italy in the La Spezia hex the following type of terrain appears to be in the hex:

Let’s say in Sun weather:

Terrain type MP cost Sun MP cost rain

Forest: 3 3
Bunker: 1 3
City: 1 3

It looks like the city is a minor city so that part is irrelevant I think but that still leaves the bunker with forest terrain (BUT in the Rhur there is a bunker, major city and clear.

I assume that the official rule is #2 above (Use the terrain type in the hex that has the highest MP cost) because if the weather was rain the units could never enter the hex in adverse weather if added together and besides I see 9.2 states cost of MP in adverse weather is 3 for rain and 2 for snow. So obviously terrain MP modifiers are not added in adverse weather.

On the flip side to add them together would cost more than the adverse weather.

Question #2
Out of curiosity why is there an MP cost for a Major City? Assuming that there is a road network isn’t it just as well to say use the terrain of the hex?

I ask because obviously every hex has a cost and then the cities and bunkers also have a cost.

Thank you!

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cities and bunkers do not cost extra MP, but just the MP of the terrain they belong to.

Should we clarify this on the CHARTS?

ALL THE BEST

emanuele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bukata
United States
Amherst
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Pi-Shu
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - I think it should be clarified to read 0 MP then there would not be a thought to add them or try to figure it out.

Perhaps dont call a city, bunker or fortress terrain would be my initial thought - perhaps I looked at to much - i dont know - it was just confusing to me/our players at the time. Maybe call them Features found within terrain or something - then you could add those special "road" like networks in Russia to the as well and since those areas dont give modifiers you could just place the rules reference number there instead of -1 mali etc. that would typically be there for the fortress etc.

anyway as usual - thank you for the extremely quick reply!

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bukata
United States
Amherst
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Pi-Shu
mbmbmbmbmb
errrr.... maybe n/a (not applicable) instead of "0"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
NE

ATB

emanuele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.