John Fred Obedoza
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Weird question but please humor me: does a princess appear in any part of the Adventure Path whatsoever? My wife won't let me buy this set unless my 6 year old agrees to play it with us, and she will only play a game with monsters in it if it also has a "princess" cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This question has put a huge smile on my face

Sadly I can't remember encountering anyone called a princess (but hopefully I've just forgotten) but there are a huge number of female characters (really I don't think I've played another game with so many great female options). My daughter loved playing Lini, for instance:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason B
Australia
Toowoomba
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Princess is in another castle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike belliveau
Canada
st eustache
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the whole adventure with an all female party, then your wife will join that party, now that is every married mans fantasy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien A
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No princess or prince, per se, but there is a female "Noble Brat" ally in the new Class Decks for Organized Play.

If you're just sticking with characters from the Rise of the Runelords base set, Seoni the Sorceress would most resemble a traditional princess with her flowing red robe and long hair.

You could also go for Kyra the Cleric for a more restrained look, or if you want a "princess" who is her own knight in shining armour, you could get Seelah the Paladin in the Rise of the Runelords Character Add-On Deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike A
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Prepare for awkward questions as to why "The Shopkeeper's Daughter" is a barrier...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also just about turn any of the female characters into a princes., if you daughter likes princesses that are a bit outside the scope of Disney princesses. Amiri the Barbarian Princess, for example.

Or if you really want to play and none of the other options are working, take the character whose skills and powers your daughter would most like, and use the community use cards to create a princess version. You could even name her "Princes [Insert Daughter's Name Here]" and use a picture of your daughter. There is a Magic Set Editor program in the files here and one shared on the Paizo forums that make creating your own cards super easy. Just type, print on card stock and cut.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
Ireland
Kilkenny
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yamasaki wrote:
Hi all,

Weird question but please humor me: does a princess appear in any part of the Adventure Path whatsoever? My wife won't let me buy this set unless my 6 year old agrees to play it with us, and she will only play a game with monsters in it if it also has a "princess" cry

While I think you should buy and play this game anyhow, I think it may be a bit difficult to play with a 6-year-old. That is, unless (since it is cooperative) you play with her hand exposed and help make the decisions for her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Picking a character who doesn't die easily (not Seoni) might be a good idea, and you probably want to avoid complicated turns. Amiri the Barbarian Princess is easier to play at 6 than Lini.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have made you one. Print, buy the game, put it in the box secertly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike belliveau
Canada
st eustache
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoktrMike wrote:
Prepare for awkward questions as to why "The Shopkeeper's Daughter" is a barrier...

Have you seen her. She could stop any traveller with a wink of an eye.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fisha wrote:
I have made you one. Print, buy the game, put it in the box secertly.

That would be a pretty nice card with just a discard ability. Great for the young as a recharge ability. Unfortunately, as printed it would be my favourite card, and thus technically useless....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Berlin

New York
msg tools
badge
Yes, we are friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
yamasaki wrote:
Hi all,

Well, this is the most adorable post ever. Don't let Anita Sarkeesian find out about it though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Jonah G wrote:
yamasaki wrote:
Hi all,

Well, this is the most adorable post ever. Don't let Anita Sarkeesian find out about it though.

I think Anita Sarkeesian would be fully behind the inclusion of playable princesses in roleplaying games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Berlin

New York
msg tools
badge
Yes, we are friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
The joke was that the princess is a negative reinforcement of girly stereotypes.

http://www.feministfrequency.com/2013/08/damsel-in-distress-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.