Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings fellow geeks! It's Monday! Another week in the books and as the weekend ends and as we toil at our assorted labors, we should recount our past week of gaming exploits.

So, all you gamers, bring your mini-session reports and stories of gaming greatness over the past week, as you pop in here to answer the question:

What did you play over the past week?

The Geeklist version can be found here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/181036/what-did-you-play-l...

Check out the subscription thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4115320

Also, don't forget to relive all your Video Game excitement over on VGG!

http://videogamegeek.com/geeklist/180936/27-october-2014-wha...

Subscribe so you don't miss a single moment of the fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Realms All I got to play this weekend was a couple rounds of Star Realms online. Busy busy weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave VanAtta
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Takenoko x1
Formula D x1
Hanabi x1
Poker x1
Hey, That's My Fish! x4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna E.
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see some overlap with a few others this weekend...playing 2 games for the first time.

Friday
Tiny Epic Kingdoms - This game packed a lot of punch. It was a really close game, and my husband and I both have a lot to learn about when is the right time to war. I did like this game, but I think I will like it more when we have more players.

Saturday
Innovation - I absolutely loved this game. Cannot wait to play it again, and it was much simpler to learn than I imagined. I won in Age 7, but after looking at some of the cards in ages 8-10, I'm sad we didn't get that far. The amount of player interaction and ability to completely blow up someone's strategy wasn't my husband's favorite, but I thought it was a blast. You could never get too comfy!

Sunday
No actual play, but spent time punching out and exploring what I blew my birthday money on - Galaxy Trucker: Anniversary Edition. Can't wait to try it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saturday

1x Lords of Waterdeep
E 2 players
E Girlfriend won

1x Zombie Dice
E 2 players
E Girlfriend won

1x Ace Detective
E 2 players
E Case #1, Max Bullet as the investigator
E First time playing it
E I "won" by the game's rules, but let my girlfriend tell end of the story as she was doing better than me anyway

I never played an active storytelling game before and was actually a bit worried if I could pull it off, but yeah, it was fun. Happy End (murderer was captured), by the way.

Sunday

1x Dominion
E 2 players
E I won

It's been quite a long time since I last played Dominion (with real cards and not online). I still very much enjoy this game and was amazed how fast (almost simultaneously) 2 experienced players can play this game - and that's also the reason why I prefer Dominion over Thunderstone.

1x 7 Wonders
E 2 players
E Girlfriend won

It's also been a while playing 7 Wonders, as I don't really like playing it with the dummy player. Nevertheless, we decided that 7 Wonders will hit the table on our next boardgame day (with 5 players).

I also finished the 1st half of Super Castlevania 4 on Saturday and the 2nd half on Sunday (again).

I wish Castlevania: Symphony of the Night would be available on Steam... cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Feldtober continues and our we finally get an RPG to the table...

Tuesday
3x - Notre Dame

Thursday
1x - Macao

Friday
2x - VivaJava: The Dice Game

Saturday
Ongoing - Pathfinder RPG: Beginner Box - Black Fang's Dungeon

Sunday
1x - Castles of Burgundy

meeple Keep playing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Cicero
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had some people over on Friday for a game night where we played Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game. Also got the chance to play Diamonds for the first time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ellis

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmb

My wife and I played our first game of CO₂. Our blind ambition to be the leader green technology lead to Earth's unfortunate demise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Urich
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dilbert: Corporate Shuffle
Sushi Go!
20 Questions
7 Wonders
San Juan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Larson
United States
Spanish Fork
UT - Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sushi Go with my older kids.
Candy Land with the younger ones.
And one round of love letter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Kaiser
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mage Wars Arena
Mage Wars: Druid vs. Necromancer
Mage Wars Arena: Forcemaster vs Warlord Expansion Set
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Winnefeld
Germany
Hannover
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3x Dominion
I liked Dominion since I first played it, but I did not pick up my own copy for a long time. Recently I won one in a tournament at a local game store and it has been a big hit with my girlfriend ever since.

Apart from that, I played some games on yucata.de. Port Royal really surprised me, I might actually have to buy this. Seems like a fun little card game. On the other hand, Roll Through the Ages: The Bronze Age was kind of a let down, but maybe my expectations were just to high. I never felt like I was playing a civ game with dice - to me, everything in this game cried "slightly improved Yahtzee". We'll see if I'll get over the initial disappointment - not to mention that I might feel different about both games if I had played them with face-to-face opponents
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Hykes
United States
Grove City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Monday
1x Legend of the Five Rings
1x 6 nimmt!

Thursday
2x Android: Netrunner

Saturday
1x Rent a Hero
2x Love Letter
3x Pairs *NEW*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristen Umansky
United States
Glen Rock
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 x Pandemic - we won!
2 x Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Adventure Deck 2: The Skinsaw Murders - solo
1 x The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game - solo 1st time playing. I almost won, but unlucky card draw from the adventure deck twice in a row did me in at the very end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably my most pathetic gaming week ever. The husband is visiting family, so on Friday night I set up a solo game of Blackbeard.

I got halfway through the rules, lost interest, and gave up. The game is still sitting out on my table.

soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cbazler wrote:

I got halfway through the rules, lost interest, and gave up. The game is still sitting out on my table.

soblue

I know that feeling all too well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Marowske
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wednesday
1x Wallenstein (second edition) (3 players)

Friday
1x Lost Legacy: The Starship (3 players)
1x Gem Dealer (4 players)
1x Lords of Vegas (3 Players)
1x Glen More (4 players)
1x Las Vegas with Las Vegas Boulevard (4 players)

Saturday
1x Tournay (4 players)
1x Machi Koro with Machi Koro: Gaming Mega Store
1x A Castle for All Seasons (Summer Side; 4 players)
1x Founding Fathers (4 players)
1x Bruxelles 1893 (4 players)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Only one day of gaming this week.

Istanbul
Splendor
Tiny Epic Kingdoms
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W.
Germany
Böblingen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What got played at our Saturday gaming meeting:

1x Fire in the Lake (1on1 with 2 bots)

Later, with the full 5-player group:

5x Tajemnicze Domostwo: it played quite fast, each of us wanted to be the ghost one time and we wanted to beat the game once (which we managed in the final game)

1x Republic of Rome: this time we chose the Middle Republic scenario to get provinces and a longer game overall. We got to the Era ends card and had a lot of fun! For the next time, I will have to reread the more fiddly rules so there are no surprises the next time.

~5x Secret Moon: we didn't like it, it was very random due to the distribution of the initiative cards and the distribution of role cards between the players and the middle cards (especially: is a player the priestress or not?). Maybe the priestress issue isn't as bad with more players, but I myself probably won't find out.

3x One Night Werewolf: Super Powers: strangely, this Werewolf incarnation didn't encourage any sharing (or even lying) of information in the group. The CIA guys are really weird. That's why we quickly changed the game to...

~12x One Night Ultimate Werewolf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiff Reynolds
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting my husband to play is usually a tactical / strategic game all on its own, but he really likes Qwixx so we played two rounds on Friday evening while waiting for the dinner delivery guy.

Saturday morning I laid out Belle of the Ball at the breakfast table and basically forced him to play, ha. It was our first try at it, but I think it went well. We'll probably add in some of the "advanced" options next time, though, as we both felt it needed some more depth.

Sunday I decided to try another recent Kickstarted game, Emu Ranchers. I backed it mostly because of the art, but it was a fun little set collection game that surprised us with the strategy and scoring. I was way behind the first round (-4) but steadily increased my total each round and ended up winning with over 4x his score.

I'm hoping to break out a few larger games this week or weekend, though. Maybe Dead of Winter and / or Elder Sign in honor of Halloween.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WJ C
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got to try Versailles, Alchemists. Both were a lot of fun.
Also played Russian Railroads, Carcassonne: Winter Edition

My Plays

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
mbmbmbmbmb
2x Wok Star + Wok Star: Paige Turner Promo Character
1x Zombie 15'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
Saturday-

Lords of Waterdeep

Sunday-

Six Cubes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lizzie j
New Zealand
flag msg tools
look into my eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a three-day weekend for us, so we went on a road trip. We only played one game Summoner Wars: Phoenix Elves vs Tundra Orcs. We hadn't played it before and it we enjoyed it. My boyfriend beat me in the first game (Saturday night) and I "mostly" beat him in our second game (Sunday night) - I say mostly cos I called it a tie even though I had five characters to his one character (he kept hiding his summoner and I got bored). I still liked it though - it is much harder for me to do well in that kind of game than it is for him because I am not used to exploiting powers on cards like he is (he is a Magic: The Gathering player and I am a noob), but he is patient with me while I try to figure out what is the right thing to do
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill L
United States
North Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Betrayal at House on the Hill x1
The Resistance: Avalon x3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.