Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good day.
1. Yesterday I had my first playthrough and a matter came up: my opponent didn't have enough money to pay her interest, so she had to get an emergency loan. She didn't pay ANY interest that turn. I claimed that the rules state that she didn't have to pay interest for that particular emergency loan; she still had to pay interest for the normal loans however. She had her way and, like I said, she didn't pay ANYTHING. I still believe that she cheated, but I want to make sure, so I ask you kind community: who was right?

2. And while we 're at it, in the case that an emergency loan is still not sufficient for a player to pay his interest, is he allowed to take two or more such loans at the same time?

Many thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Serazu wrote:
Good day.
1. Yesterday I had my first playthrough and a matter came up: my opponent didn't have enough money to pay her interest, so she had to get an emergency loan. She didn't pay ANY interest that turn. I claimed that the rules state that she didn't have to pay interest for that particular emergency loan; she still had to pay interest for the normal loans however. She had her way and, like I said, she didn't pay ANYTHING. I still believe that she cheated, but I want to make sure, so I ask you kind community: who was right?

2. And while we 're at it, in the case that an emergency loan is still not sufficient for a player to pay his interest, is he allowed to take two or more such loans at the same time?

Many thanks.

1. The rules do state "for emergency loans taken out in this phase no interest has to be paid this year" so it is just the "extra" interest that you don't pay. You still have to pay the interest for the non-emergency loans.

2. Take as many loans as are needed.

So, if someone has no Francs, and currently has 4 loans out, they owe 6 Francs in interest. Because they have no money, they need to take 2 emergency loans for 5 Francs each, a total of 10 Francs. Then they owe the interest for the old loan amount of 4 loans for 6, not the new amount of 8 for having 6 loans out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as I thought. Many thanks.

Two more questions if you please:

1. Each player has a big and five small tokens, their color corresponding to his vineyard. Once all five are on the table, he cannot take any other actions concerning those tokens. If for instance has loads of prestige to spend but only four tokens available, then the maximum actions for him in the wine festival is four. Correct?

2. When do the players get back the tokens placed during special actions at the wine festival? The rules are silent on the matter. Do they get them back after the special actions phase is ended?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.