Popular Tags: [View All]
Mac Kern
United States
Florence
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This past weekend, I ran the shuttle and Firespray in an escalation tournament. I didn't do great, but I think running two large ships has potential. I know a lot of people like to run two shuttles or two firesprays, but I don't really want to buy another of either at the moment, and I have some cool ideas but would like some feedback. These are my two options at the moment:

List 1
Bounty Hunter+Heavy Laser Canon (40 pts)
Omnicron Group Pilot+Darth Vader (24 pts)
Echo+Veteran Instincts+Advanced Cloaking Device (35 pts)

List 2
Krassis Trelix+Heavy Laser Canon (43 pts)
Omnicron Group Pilot+Darth Vader+Engine Upgrade (27 pts)
Captin Jonus+Cluster Missiles+Proton Rockets

With the second list, I might be able to drop Krassis down to a BH since I'd already be getting Jonus' reroll bonus, and I could use those points for some Anti-Pursuit Lasers or another set of proton rockets. Thoughts? Anything is appreciated! Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, are you saying you played an escalation and liked the large ships for tournament/100 point lists? Or are you looking for escalation lists? I am going to assume 100 point lists as that is what you have listed.

List 1:
Personally, I love echo, but have started to run with FCS as I have had issues getting strong attacks with just a focus. Also, that leaves you with unmodified dice for defense, which can mean you get killed in the first round. I personally like krassis with the hlc on the firespray. It would force you to drop vader, but that reroll is huge. Have to decide which best fits your style. Any and all of the above can be a good combo. I like the list and it has many areas that can be altered to your own style.

List 2:
With the new ruling of range 1 and friendly ships, I think it opens a lot of options for Jonus. I am not a fan of proton rockets, simply because it can be hard to get in range 1 with a TL. Deadeye might make it a better option. I agree as well that you could drop down Krassis to BH for the extra points. The only catch is you have to stay in range of Jonus. Regarding the shuttle, I would personally not add the engine as the ship is meant to die anyway and that is extra points. I would use those 4 points for your APL or upgraded munitions or even upgrade to Kath (yes, I know HLC isn't best on Kath, but higher PS and rerolls can get the crits)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Kern
United States
Florence
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, yeah I'm not really looking for escalation lists; I'm sure I'll play another in the future, but I'm really just focused on 100 point lists at the moment. Thanks for the advice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New rule about range 1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Kern
United States
Florence
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he means that ships are now technically considered to be at range 1 of themselves. It doesn't actually matter for Jonus, though. For him to benefit from his own ability, the card would have to say "a friendly ship at range 1" instead of "another friendly ship" or "any other friendly ship." For example, the Jan Ors crew card's ability can be used on the ship with that card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Themackern wrote:
I think he means that ships are now technically considered to be at range 1 of themselves. It doesn't actually matter for Jonus, though. For him to benefit from his own ability, the card would have to say "a friendly ship at range 1" instead of "another friendly ship" or "any other friendly ship." For example, the Jan Ors crew card's ability can be used on the ship with that card.

Correct. Must have misread card. Thought it was just friendly ship, not another friendly ship. So Jonus isn't as strong as I thought. Sorry for confusion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Graffam
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That first list looks like it has a lot of potential. All three of those ships are hard to master, but if you could get them to work in concert (practice, practice, practice) they could be really powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Kern
United States
Florence
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Do you have any tactical advice? Obviously keep Echo out of firing arcs, bring the shuttle in slowly after shields have been stripped, etc. Anything in particular I should look out for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Themackern wrote:
Thanks! Do you have any tactical advice? Obviously keep Echo out of firing arcs, bring the shuttle in slowly after shields have been stripped, etc. Anything in particular I should look out for?

0 early and often. Don't be afraid to collide with your own ships with the shuttle to provide the shots- Vader is the one doing damage, and if the shuttle isn't dead on the first pass you are doing something wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.