Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I came up with the following list the other day...

Oicunns' Boys (99 pts)

Captain Oicunn (55 pts)
Expose, Gunner, Dauntless, Anti-Pursuit Lasers

2* Scimitar Squadron Pilot (22 each)
Ion Torpedoes, Munitions Failsafe

Oicunn takes point with the Scimitars to his sides. If all goes well with the approach, the Ion Torpedoes bind much of the enemy squad and Oicunn tries to dish out as much damage as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DB Draft
New Zealand
flag msg tools
I think I'd call it "Oicunn's Razor"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see how this works in practice.

On paper, at first it seems like you have competing interests: e.g. Oicunn generally wants to run into things, Anti-pursuit Lasers want things to run into Oicunn, and Expose + Gunner only works on things that aren't in contact with Oicunn at all (at least by the Combat Phase). Meanwhile, the Scimitars are bringing added control rather than damage, which is good to set up a "double bump" (e.g. you run into the front of an ionized ship, then it doesn't actually go anywhere as it drifts into you, but it triggers APL), and I guess you then shoot at whatever didn't end up in contact with you. So I guess you won't take much return fire because stuff will be in contact with you, and you're depending primarily on your pilot ability and APLs for damage, but you've got the Expose + Gunner (not to mention a lot of hit points to cut through) for whatever didn't collide with you. I think Phantoms will be your toughest matchup, as they're hard to hit with the Ion Missiles and aren't likely to run into you or let you run into them, but I guess eventually you'll get damage through via Expose + Gunner with your 360° turret... so maybe it works out (?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.