Subject: unpainted minis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brice chief
United States
muscatine
Iowa
flag msg tools
i guess this is the first game im even considering painting my minis. I just wonder is it something that will be worth it in the end ive never painted minis and wonder will this game be easy to manage all of the enemies on the board without paint same with charter classes. Also how long will this take to paint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nunez
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
To paint or not to paint that is the question....

I would say that it is worth it... all one has to do to validate my opinion is to view painted and unpainted miniatures, SoB minis tah is, to appreciate my opinion of the subject. Painted miniature add a "whole new layer" to the gaming experience. Unless you are worried about judgement, I would say "GO FIR IT!" First step is to remove flash, clean , and prime them. All very simple steps. There are tons of minature painting references out there plus the fine folks here... we got your back bra..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leigh
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Beds
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Took me about 15 hours all in to do the CoA, I've painted Zombicide before and Warhammer very very infrequently about 15 years ago.

The monsters paint really easily, drybrush drybrush drybrush!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brice chief
United States
muscatine
Iowa
flag msg tools
what is a good brand of paint and what colors are good.is this set better to paint put together or not
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
You can start with cheap acrylic paints from Michael's. They work, but they are harder to make look really good. If you just want table colour, they are fine.

I recommend you watch a few youtube videos on basic painting, it is not hard, but it does take some practise to look decent.

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty new too. I got space hulk and wanted to paint it. I found a site with tutorials on specific 40k universe stuff. Mine don't look quite as good as theirs. But for a new person I think they look pretty good.

http://taleofpainters.blogspot.com/2014/09/tutorial-how-to-p...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Reaper Learn to Paint Kit 1: Washing and Drybrush is a good start. Reaper has an October promotion: $40 order gets you four paints and a Halloween mini. Kit might not be stock at Reaper. FRPGames has it at a discount.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
You can start with cheap acrylic paints from Michael's. They work, but they are harder to make look really good. If you just want table colour, they are fine.

I'll second it. I've had pretty good results with craft paints, but they are tricky to work with. I suggest buying an eyedropper to thin the paints with water if you go the craft store route.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.