Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Gallagher
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouija. At least one news site is calling this historic, stating that it's the first movie based on a "board game" to hit #1. (Jumanji doesn't count in their mind, as the actual board game came out after the movie's release. Battleship and Clue were not #1 during their theater runs.)

Of course all of us here on BGG know otherwise, since Ouija is NOT a board game (try finding it on the board game list here). Yeah, you'll find it with the other board games at Walmart, Target and Toys R Us. Nonetheless...

FWIW, the film should plummet in the ratings in coming weeks. From what I've read, it received an atrocious 10 (out of 100) rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Also, two-thirds of the viewers were under 18.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
In my book, Clue will always be number one (The movie, not the game lol)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish there wasnt such a lack of good movies for board games. I can't even find online versions of Going Cardboard or Under The Boardwalk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Hockin
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
It blows mind that no one has made a movie out of Le Havre or Blockus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ronald fraigun
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know, Red Riding Hood was a match for Werewolf. Don't think it hit #1 but still.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Smith
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm kinda wishing Ouija had a listing on BGG, just to read the session reports. Here's a tagline for a review: "This game is awesome. It's like Werewolf, but instead of somebody pretending to be a Werewolf somebody pretends to be a demon. Can you figure out who is pretending, and who is really possessed? Very tense fun."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Historic! The first movie to hit #1 based on the ideomotor effect!
shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hawkins
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
espoon82 wrote:
It blows mind that no one has made a movie out of Le Havre or Blockus.

Actually, a movie called Le Havre came out in 2011.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because it's not listed here it's not a game?

It was first marketed as a game and only acquired spiritualist connections some 24 odd years later, by a guy who had a vested interest in the spiritual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No surprise from a country that watches the Kardashians, Honey Boo Boo and pretty much any POS reality TV and that's the problem with Hollywood today, they cater to idiots

This movie should have never been made let alone be #1 in anything
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Breese
msg tools
80sgamer wrote:
No surprise from a country that watches the Kardashians, Honey Boo Boo and pretty much any POS reality TV and that's the problem with Hollywood today, they cater to idiots

Have you seen it? Care to comment why this horror movie is as bad as fake celebrity reality TV?

Seriously, though, it is a B horror movie. If you wanna talk genres, the B horror movie has been around for more than half a century, back when, you know, supposedly our country had taste.

BTW, those "classic" horror movies that you'll be temped to cite as waaaay better, chances are that they were B movies, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Matchstickman wrote:

How is it a game? Is there a goal? A winner? It's a toy, not a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kip Kwiatkowski
United States
Bethel Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Stop it! That tickles! :P
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
Matchstickman wrote:

The goal is to get a question answered. In this form it is more of a co-op game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
kgk4569 wrote:
GSReis wrote:
Matchstickman wrote:

The goal is to get a question answered. In this form it is more of a co-op game.

Lots of things answer questions but aren't games. Google isn't a game. Wikipedia isn't a game.

I can't just roll a die, say my goal is to read the number at the top of the die and do nothing else, and then just call that a "game".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dakota Thames
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The movie clue remains one of my favorite movies to this day. Ouija looked boring anyways. The woke something up and now they have to banish it or whatever, nothing interesting or entertaining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cephalopoid wrote:
80sgamer wrote:

Have you seen it? Care to comment why this horror movie is as bad as fake celebrity reality TV?

Seriously, though, it is a B horror movie. If you wanna talk genres, the B horror movie has been around for more than half a century, back when, you know, supposedly our country had taste.

BTW, those "classic" horror movies that you'll be temped to cite as waaaay better, chances are that they were B movies, too.

I don't care for Horror movies, so no I won't be citing any other B Horror movies as examples

No, I have not watched it, nor would I pay money to see it, that's the whole purpose of watching the trailers and then reading reviews to avoid complete garbage like this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.