Subject: Quick question about preacher rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Decay
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the preacher also get 5XP for every point healed with his starting healing sermon IN ADDITION to the XP from using the sermon? Seemed like a lot XP in his turns...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Hanneman
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
From what I understand, the answer would be yes. Keep in mind that the preacher may not initially be the one getting a lot of monster kills.

Then again....preachers do kick ass in the name of the Lord.

Chad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Hanneman
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
Healing Other Heroes

Any time a Hero Heals Wounds or Sanity Damage from another Hero (regardless of the method), they gain 5 XP for each wound/sanity healed. Page 16 of the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Star
msg tools
Another preacher question:

One of his sermons Cancels a Darkness card, or Cancels a Growing Dread card.

Now as growing dread can be cancelled at any time via Grit I assumed the sermon could be used at any time to get rid of an existing growing dread card. However I wasn't sure how it worked for the Darkness cards.

1) Is the sermon an 'interrupt'? A darkness card would be drawn, but can the preacher cast the sermon prior to the card being drawn preventing it from resolving?

2) Can the preacher Cancel a Darkness card already in play that has an ongoing effect?

I thought that both of these scenarios should work the way I described them but the 'Cancel' terminology was confusing me a little and I wanted to make sure I was using that power correctly.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rgstarzinski wrote:
Another preacher question:

One of his sermons Cancels a Darkness card, or Cancels a Growing Dread card.

I think it's called "Intervention", right?

In FFP's other games, "cancel" is both a counterspell ability AND a destroy ability, to use M:tG terms. So, I'd say you can cast the sermon immediately when a new Darkness or Dread card is drawn before the card causes any effect. And, you can also use the sermon (every turn if need be) to try to remove an existing card that "Remains in Play".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes
United States
Hamilton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OdontoMajoris wrote:

Then again....preachers do kick ass in the name of the Lord.

Chad

'Twas the time of the preacher,
in the year of Oh One!
Now the lesson is over,
and the killin's begun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.