Subject: In game ruling needed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can an army play a character die and move a region into a friendly occupied region and then attack with all the friendly combined!

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Australia
Greenmount
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes. As long as you are not breaking any of the other rules (5 unit max etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steva fields
United States
vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, A combined attack is not a option with a character die. Even with a army die all armies must be already adjacent to the army being attacked. There are cards that change this somewhat but I do not think they can be played with a character die. Yes , if you are attacking with just this one army.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sixtoedcat wrote:
No, A combined attack is not a option with a character die. Even with a army die all armies must be already adjacent to the army being attacked. There are cards that change this somewhat but I do not think they can be played with a character die.

He's not trying to do a combined attack (two regions attacking); he's just moving into a region, merging his army units then combat begins. This is called out in the rulebook (where it reminds you the merging is BEFORE combat), so Yes to the OP, after merging and capping at five army units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 23 wrote:
MERGING ARMIES AFTER MOVEMENT
- During an “Attack” action, the Armies merge after movement, but before any combat is started – for this reason, units in excess are removed before combat begins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be on the same page...

Zone a has 3 elves and gandalf
Zone b has 2 elves
Zone c has 4 orcs

Blue army plays an sword icon... He moves armies in zone a and then combines with zone b to attack zone z.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, same page.
Rocky123 wrote:
Blue army plays an sword icon... He moves armies in zone a and then combines merges with zone b to attack zone z.

To avoid confusion with Combined Attack, I would only modify your example to say merges rather than combines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sorry to resurrect but I wanted to clarify.

Essentially you can move either the Army or Character attack option, to do the following:

1. Move an army (must have leadership if using a character die) into a region containing a friendly army).

2. Merge those 2 armies - taking casualties if necessary.

3. Attack with the newly merged army.

Examples:

A: An Army die is used to move 2 figures and no damage, into a region containing 3 figures and no damage. The newly merged 5 figure army can then attack.

B: An Army die is used to move an army of 4 figures and 4 damage, into a region containing 3 figures and 3 damage. The newly merged army has 7 figures and 7 damage. 2 figures must be removed, and 4 damage can be removed with them. The newly merged army has 5 figures and 3 damage, and may now attack.

I hope these are correct, as I like this option to 'reinforce' damaged armies on the front lines.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks Kevin. Much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.