Subject: Custom Characters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Silvestri
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Got really into the game real quick; naturally wanted to try my hand at making some heroes. Any feedback is much desired; I'd like to try and balance them all at some point.

NOTE: As people have told me this in the past, I obviously lay no claim to any of these pieces, nor the abilities themselves. The game and its mechanics belong to Spaghetti Western/CoolMiniOrNot (not sure how that works), but they definitely don't belong to me, so I would never try to claim anything if there happened to be similarities down the road. Friend recommended I add that clarification.

http://imgur.com/a/AXAIC
(Does anybody know how to embed an imgur gallery?)

Obviously I own none of the art. Just some quick notes:

*Hector is supposed to be a conquistador, but I couldn't find a good picture anywhere
*Ollin is "Movement" in Nahuatl language
*Jethro supposed to be a werewolf, but again, couldn't find good picture.

Some abilities will obviously be better than others, just wanted to play around with some concepts. Thanks in advance!

Changelog:
Quote:
10/27/2014: Posted first batch

Quote:
10/29/2014:
Added: Gumbo, Cleo, Grant, Salazar, Eli, Amon, Bonnie, Angelica, Clara, Soren, Jared, Raymond, Ling, Sir Jason, Shaina, Victoria, Sean, Horatio, Batessa, Anu, Marcus, Charging Bull, Laina, Kain & Kami, Kati, Ivan, Thorn, Jack, Drizzle, Annabelle, Buster, Kali, Ulrich, Norin, Jin, Feng, Tai, Anya, and Dylan.
Reworked: Walton, Barracuda, Gino
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branden Sprenger
United States
Collinsville
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some really awesome character/ideas here. I think Arrin is my favorite of them all. The one I would strongly recommend needs a redo is Walton. That ability is going to be completely useless in most of the scenarios. It would make for a good upgrade card though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Kennedy
United States
Cleveland
Tn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonathan - You really went all out on Character creation! I see where you also posted your stuff into the CMoN forums. You may hear from Thiago Aranha (the designer) either here or there, but from other custom character conversations that I've followed, they have been really careful about abilities that affect walls (Sparky for example)

Hanzo - not sure what the intent of the ability is here, I guess it allows him to teleport from one close space to another? Is this supposed to be like Hanzo from Samurai Showdown? If so, that's awesome! He was one of my favorites

Soooo many abilities to look over. Now you've got to start making your minis! Where did you find so many cool chibi images?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to start this thread, but you made it first.
I hope it's OK that I post here, I think it would be silly to start another thread.

Here are the ones I made up while waiting for the game to arrive.

King Diamond, Smokey, Wardude, Ralph, and Kali Mare models are available from Impact Miniatures.

Shifter, Harley, Leonardo, Donatello, Michaelangelo, and Raphael came from Velvet Mark. (But they have had simple conversions done to them.)

Ralph's large base is available from impact miniatures, and the 25mm bases are from Dragonforge Design.

Fair Warning: These are all Resin models and will require assembly and quite a bit more prep work. (There will be blood, but the super glue that is all over your fingers will stop the bleeding.)

Disclaimer: Images for the cards have been scavenged from the internet and I will be happy to give you credit if I used your image. Also if the owner of any of the material asks me to remove it, it will be removed immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branden Sprenger
United States
Collinsville
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For Leo's ability. It seems like it would only work when he uses a refresh potion.

When you rest all of your characters get to remove all the tokens from their equipment.

Also your figures look amazing...so jelly right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branden Sprenger
United States
Collinsville
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the only one I have got to the table.

I found that the Anime phone charms are the perfect size for AQ.

For the bases I used some of my old Star Wars miniatures. I have hundreds of them so I just removed the figures from their bases. Turns out they are a perfect fit for the base clips in AQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sprengermon wrote:
For Leo's ability. It seems like it would only work when he uses a refresh potion.

When you rest all of your characters get to remove all the tokens from their equipment.

Also your figures look amazing...so jelly right now.

You are correct... That's pretty useless, I'll have to change that to "May exhaust his card" instead of "when he rests".shake

I'll correct the card and edit the post later.

Thanks for the feedback, and the compliment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigblock, there are only a couple of your customs I would have a problem with. One is Kali Mare. An AOE Daze AND a 3/3? I think the stats need to be changed for that is a powerful ability. Chooloo only dazes one and people say he's OP. War Dude seems to mirror Greensleeves but his crits are 3 damage instead of 2. Seems too powerful considering those crits are more likely to also result in another sword. And King Diamond, I love it, but maybe change to "Close Hero" or "Hero in Line of Sight".

I think the rest seem remarkably balanced. Is Shifter the Lich King?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Silvestri
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the initial feedback, guys!

Arydis4 wrote:
Jonathan - You really went all out on Character creation! I see where you also posted your stuff into the CMoN forums. You may hear from Thiago Aranha (the designer) either here or there, but from other custom character conversations that I've followed, they have been really careful about abilities that affect walls (Sparky for example)

Hanzo - not sure what the intent of the ability is here, I guess it allows him to teleport from one close space to another? Is this supposed to be like Hanzo from Samurai Showdown? If so, that's awesome! He was one of my favorites

Soooo many abilities to look over. Now you've got to start making your minis! Where did you find so many cool chibi images?

And yeah, you're right about the wall thing; I should've realized that earlier. Cleaned up a couple of those; thanks for the heads up! And yeah, Hanzo's ability was just supposed to be mobility; making attacks in the right times and places to get to where you need to go faster. Just complemented the image of a ninja in my mind.

As to where I found the images, most of them were just by googling "Chibi X", hahaha. A good few came from Maplestory.

@Branden: You're absolutely right about Walton. I was wrapped up in the notion of modifying an existing ability to even realize it wouldn't have any effect at some points. I've since modified his ability entirely. Also, I wish I could take credit for Arrin's ability, hahaha. It's just to complete the cycle that Serious Faceless and Bowie have, but for Sword attacks! C'est la vie

@Bigblock: Of course, feel free to post here too! It's always fun to have collections of custom heroes =). Also, I really like some of those abilities; especially Donatello's. I find it intriguing and would probably build a guild around him.

Finally, I've added a good few new characters and reworked 3 (Walton, Barracuda, and Gino)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow Kryzen! Just checked your link. 114-115 characters? Incredible. Some seem like duplicates like "no payback for bow" vs "no payback for ranged", I know the latter is better, but why have both?

As with bigblock, the only ones that really jumped out at me as being too strong were the AOEs. Normally these are granted by expensive upgrades, maybe giving them out as a free ability is too strong? I remember Gareth, Isabelle and there was one other with an AOE.

But really, 3 unbalanced out of 115? Very good job! I'd love to try them all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback Darrell,
I made these cards after I read the rules, but before I had played the game.

Right now I have only played the game 4 times, so I want to get a few more plays in before I tweek these cards or make the rest of the cards I plan on doing. Eventually there will be 52, so that I can do an Artscow deck. (Chibi pyramid head and the rest of the characters from the D&D cartoon from the '80's)

If you would like for me to change a card so that you can use it let me know.

Leonardo's power is pointless, and I will try to edit the card before Monday.

After I get some painting done, I will start a thread to show off my painted set and customs (I have one for super dungeon explore and zombicide). Then I will start making more cards and post them on that page(I'll edit a link into my post here).

As far as Kali Mare goes, how often do you have more than two characters in a close space? Also note that as the card is written it would potentially affect allies too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branden Sprenger
United States
Collinsville
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think for the Turtles in general, I feel like they should focus on team work. I really like Mikey's and Ralph's abilities. Being able to move or attack with an ally is awesome. I think for Leo it would be cool if he could have a protect type of ability.

For instances, if Leo and another ally are in the same space, that ally can use all of his re-rolls and defense bonuses on his equipment cards.

This ability is really powerful but forces you to keep your heroes together. Him and Mikey would be a great tag team.

For Donnie, it would be cool to combo him with Ralph.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe fife
United States
charlton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kryzen13 wrote:
Got really into the game real quick; naturally wanted to try my hand at making some heroes. Any feedback is much desired; I'd like to try and balance them all at some point.

http://imgur.com/a/AXAIC
(Does anybody know how to embed an imgur gallery?)

Obviously I own none of the art. Just some quick notes:

*Hector is supposed to be a conquistador, but I couldn't find a good picture anywhere
*Ollin is "Movement" in Nahuatl language
*Jethro supposed to be a werewolf, but again, couldn't find good picture.

Some abilities will obviously be better than others, just wanted to play around with some concepts. Thanks in advance!

Is Freddy supposed to say Blocked square rather than Full square?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I changed Leonardo's ability.

Here are the Villain cards, re-made to use with Impact miniatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Sison
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anybody trying to convert the Super Dungeon Explore minis for AQ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Simon Brochu
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yodennis2000 wrote:

I have 2 of them in my gallery
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/2340779/jansim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy New Year!
I finished painting Impact Miniatures' Minotaur this morning, to use as Bullroarer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Thompson-Wood
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yodennis2000 wrote:

This is begging to be done! So much easy crossover there, just the cards need to be made! I would be interested, but have not enough free time.

Would be very grateful to anyone who did this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are really nice, but for some reason it bothers me that King Diamond has his left eye on the card and right eye on the figure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dtekh wrote:
Those are really nice, but for some reason it bothers me that King Diamond has his left eye on the card and right eye on the figure.

Fixed it for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prisonball2072 writter
msg tools
mb
sprengermon wrote:
Here is the only one I have got to the table.

I found that the Anime phone charms are the perfect size for AQ.

For the bases I used some of my old Star Wars miniatures. I have hundreds of them so I just removed the figures from their bases. Turns out they are a perfect fit for the base clips in AQ.

wonderful, where you bought trafy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.