skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
Microbadge: Charles de Lint fanMicrobadge: London fanMicrobadge: Miniature PainterMicrobadge: Church of skippenMicrobadge: ASL fan
Welcome to the microbadge design and feedback thread. Firstly, this process is done by committee (no, really, this is good). I am a gatekeeper, and, I do have the final say, but, in the end, your peers opinions matter more than mine. I approve based on the consensus of others.

Anyone can create microbadges. Your microbadge will have to be approved by a microbadge admin though for it to show up in the system and available for purchase.

The process is as follows:

1. Search the current microbadges and make sure you are not duplicating an already existing badge. (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/browse/purchase)
2. Create your badge. The badge must have a TRANSPARENT background as opposed to a white background.
3. Post the proposed microbadge image (which has been uploaded to your personal gallery or other place), name, and mouseover, grouping description, to this thread for review.
4. When the badge is ready (determined by you and the community), upload the badge using the tool ( https://www.boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/create), and in the Admin notes, post a link to where you posted your badge in this thread for community discussion. If you don't do the latter, your badge WILL be REJECTED.

Ideally, post your image in this list (via gallery or other means), and the pending fields that you propose (only included the ones that truly matter):

Group:
Grouping Description:
Name:
Mouseover Text:

Back to some basics. Here are the current rules to microbadges:

• First, if you do not recall, here is the link to microbadge basics: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Microbadge
• Before creating a new badge, please make sure it is not already in the system.
• As usual, microbadges should be appropriate for the site.
• Please make sure you are happy with your badge before you upload it. I can fix badges later, but it is a manual process.
• No political badges.
• Have fun and be nice to each other.

Other tips:

• fan is always lowercase.
• the designers in this thread are here to help you.
• for more in-depth look at the process, see our
And if you want to request a badge that you do not wish to make yourself, please see below: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Microbadge_Design_and....

Microbadge Request & Design Feedback GeekList v4 [CLOSED]

Links of Interest:

Design and submission:

RPGG Microbadges - Design, Discussion, Request and Fixes Thread
RPGG Microbadges - Official Submission Thread
Video Game Microbadges - Design, Discussion and Request Thread

Community and maintenance:

Microbadge Focus (guild)
Microbadge Focus general forum (home of several non-guild-specific threads)
New Microbadges Available for Purchase (and other Microbadge Events) Subscription Thread
Fixes and Clean-up for Existing Microbadges
The microbadge transparency project [global edition]
The Microbadge Boxing Ring
Microbadge Arts and Crafts Fair - The Notorious 3's - Autumn 2014 Edition

Tools and indices:

Pending microbadges
BGG Microbadge Counter (add "?username=foo" and put in your quickbar)
Browse microbadges (add "?creator=foo" and put in your quickbar)
Search microbadges (actually for purchasing, but use this to check for the existence of badges and it's a far more navigable index)

Wiki:

Microbadge
Microbadge Design and Submission
Microbadge stock images

Archived MB design threads:

Microbadge Submissions, Design, and Feedback (post all new microbadges here before submission)
Microbadge Submissions, Design, and Feedback
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Here is a collection of links to (almost) everything related to microbadges (brought to you by Kaffedrake and indigopotter):

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Design and submission:

RPGG Microbadges - Design, Discussion, Request and Fixes Thread (2009-2016) [CLOSED]
RPG Microbadges - Official Submission Thread
Video Game Microbadges - Design, Discussion and Request Thread

Community and maintenance:

Microbadge Focus (guild)
Microbadge Focus general forum (home of several non-guild-specific threads)
New Microbadges Available for Purchase (and other Microbadge Events) Subscription Thread
Fixes and Clean-up for Existing Microbadges
The microbadge transparency project [global edition]
The Microbadge Boxing Ring
Microbadge Arts and Crafts Fair - The Notorious 3's - Autumn 2014 Edition

Tools and indices:

Pending microbadges
BGG Microbadge Counter (add "?username=foo" and put in your quickbar)
Browse microbadges (add "?creator=foo" and put in your quickbar)
Search microbadges (actually for purchasing, but use this to check for the existence of badges and it's a far more navigable index)

Wiki:

Microbadge
Microbadge Design and Submission
Microbadge stock images

Archived MB design threads:

New Microbadge Designs
Microbadge Submissions, Design, and Feedback (post all new microbadges here before submission)
Microbadge Submissions, Design, and Feedback

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thx for your efforts making this link-list!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Yoga fan
Thorin2001 wrote:
psymann wrote:

No skull ?!?!
I admit, I was tempted...
If the game funds we'll see about the skull
In the meantime you could always do a Skull for Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Skull & Shackles – Base Set (one appears on the box cover and on all the cards) The game has sat on the imaginatorium unloved for so long now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
Microbadge: Microbadges I've CreatedMicrobadge: MicrobadgerMicrobadge: Owner of Over 2000 MicrobadgesMicrobadge: Good li'l badgerMicrobadge: My Favorite Contribution to BGG
May we please, please, please insert instructions in the middle so the new designers upload to the thread before uploading to the system?

Suggested text:

1. Search the current microbadges and make sure you are not duplicating an already existing badge. (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/browse/purchase)
2. Create your badge. The badge must have a TRANSPARENT background as opposed to a white background.
3. Post the proposed microbadge image, name, and mouseover to this thread for review.
4. When the badge is ready, upload the badge using the tool ( http://www.boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/create), and in the Admin notes, post a link to where you posted your badge in this thread for community discussion.
5. After a period of time (a week or so depending on the amount of discussion), the badge should be approved. Your peers will be driving this process. Not me. I am just a gatekeeper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
Microbadge: Tonight's Forecast: Dark. Continued Dark tonight, turning to Partly Light in the morning. Microbadge: Trader Joe's fanMicrobadge: Game Group OrganizerMicrobadge: University of California Irvine - ZOT!Microbadge: Platinum Folding@Home donator
wildthayne wrote:
[ooc]May we please, please, please insert instructions in the middle so the new designers upload to the thread before uploading to the system?
Add to the thread title: "-- see page 1 for instructions!"

(Edit the start post as needed.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
Microbadge: Charles de Lint fanMicrobadge: London fanMicrobadge: Miniature PainterMicrobadge: Church of skippenMicrobadge: ASL fan
wildthayne wrote:
May we please, please, please insert instructions in the middle so the new designers upload to the thread before uploading to the system?

Suggested text:

1. Search the current microbadges and make sure you are not duplicating an already existing badge. (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/browse/purchase)
3. Post the proposed microbadge image, name, and mouseover to this thread for review.
4. When the badge is ready, upload the badge using the tool ( http://www.boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/create), and in the Admin notes, post a link to where you posted your badge in this thread for community discussion.
5. After a period of time (a week or so depending on the amount of discussion), the badge should be approved. Your peers will be driving this process. Not me. I am just a gatekeeper.
Added.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.Microbadge: 10 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level III - Are we geeks because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are geeks?Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level IV - The journey of a thousand crits begins with a single roll...
This para probably now redundant:

cscottk wrote:
Like all things on BGG, this is an evolving process. Please bear with me as we try to streamline this as we go along. I fully expect the first month or two after the re-emergence of badges to be swamped with new ones. We have been without new microbadges for a long time, and folks are suffering withdrawal symptoms. Remember, I am only one person, so the initial backlog may be long. So be patient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
Yeah, the whole thing needs to be re-written (heck, it should have been re-written for the second thread, but once it is off the front page, you tend to forget).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
All custom links lead to
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Microbadge: RPGG Winter Microbadge Design Award WinnerMicrobadge: Best Microbadge of the Year 2016 - 1st placeMicrobadge: RPGG Spring Microbadge Design Award WinnerMicrobadge: Best Microbadge of the Year 2019 - 1st placeMicrobadge: RPGG Fall Microbadge Design Award Winner
Placeholder for first page link collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Ultimate Microbadge DesignerMicrobadge: Ticket to Ride fanMicrobadge: Microbadge Design AwardMicrobadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: Two-time Best Microbadge of the Month winner
Ohh, Now I've participated in 2 Microbadge threads

I admit, I was surprised not to see a Skull for the privateer game, but i think the P looks good, probably better since it is more unique then skull #1093 would probably do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaffedrake wrote:
Placeholder for first page link collection.
I can offer my post (#1) for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Ultimate Microbadge DesignerMicrobadge: Ticket to Ride fanMicrobadge: Microbadge Design AwardMicrobadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: Two-time Best Microbadge of the Month winner
#1 or #2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Australia
Live in Perth, Australia
Born and bred in Britain
flag msg tools
...into Microbadge ;-)
badge
Microbadge: I like bad cracker jokes - "What do you call Madonna reduced to 256 pixels?"Microbadge: I love a good quincunx!Microbadge: My wife falls asleep when I mention board gamesMicrobadge: Happily in love since 2002Microbadge: "A Micromadge!"
Ooh, what a lovely new thread.

Poll time for a sporty something following previous post 1

From gallery of psymann
- Netball fan

From gallery of psymann
- Netball player

The first is a netball going into a netball hoop; the second is a diagram of the netball court - which, given the positions in netball are far more determined by the court layout (each player can only go into certain zones on the court), and given I don't know of any other court that's split into thirds, seems reasonably significant/unique.

Name: [as above]
Mouseover: [as above]
Grouping Description: Netball
Group: Sports
Sub-group: Netball
[the sub-group Netball would need to be added]

Poll: Netball
1. Is
From gallery of psymann
ready for submission?
Yes, submit
From gallery of psymann
Not yet - improve first
2. Is
From gallery of psymann
ready for submission?
Yes, submit
From gallery of psymann
Not yet - improve first
      21 answers
Poll created by psymann

If either of them can be improved, please let me know how.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Australia
Live in Perth, Australia
Born and bred in Britain
flag msg tools
...into Microbadge ;-)
badge
Microbadge: I like bad cracker jokes - "What do you call Madonna reduced to 256 pixels?"Microbadge: I love a good quincunx!Microbadge: My wife falls asleep when I mention board gamesMicrobadge: Happily in love since 2002Microbadge: "A Micromadge!"
And, following the theme, some fan badges for the top three sides in the world rankings:

From gallery of psymann
- Diamonds fan

From gallery of psymann
- Silver Ferns fan

From gallery of psymann
- England Netball fan

Sources:
External image

External image

External image

It's safe to say that the exact positions of red/white on England, and the exact design/position of the fern on NZ does change a bit from time to time, but I think these are reasonably recognisable.

Any good?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I'm screwed!Microbadge: I'm screwed!Microbadge: I was here when the Geek got rebranded!Microbadge: I'm screwed!Microbadge: I'm screwed!
No badges in the pipeline but that's no reason why I shouldn't post something on page #1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Can I suggest that this...

cscottk wrote:

To upload a new badge, see this link:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/create

Be removed from the first post?

This part appears just above a section that begins with "The process is..." which contains the very same link under step 4 of the process.

I fear, that if there is a link saying "To upload a microbadge: Click Here!" at the top of the first post, newcomers aren't going to get *anywhere* near the part of the post that says "The process to get a badge approved is..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
wildthayne wrote:

I feel like there should be something between 3 and 4 giving a hint as to what 'review' means, or else number 3 should be expanded.

For instance

3. Post the proposed microbadge image, name and mouseover (and ideally a source image) to this thread for review and await feedback.

4. If feedback is positive go to step 5. If you receive feedback that indicates that further work is needed, repeat step 3 with a new version of the badge.

5. When the badge is ready... (continue as per step 4 as written above by wildthayne)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
entwife wrote:
wildthayne wrote:

I feel like there should be something between 3 and 4 giving a hint as to what 'review' means, or else number 3 should be expanded.

For instance

3. Post the proposed microbadge image, name and mouseover (and ideally a source image) to this thread for review and await feedback.

4. If feedback is positive go to step 5. If you receive feedback that indicates that further work is needed, repeat step 3 with a new version of the badge.

5. When the badge is ready... (continue as per step 4 as written above by wildthayne)
I think I remember some confusion about the "post your badge to The Thread" and "you need feedback before submitting".
It should be made clear, that you post an image (e. g. from your personal gallery) to this thread and make it a microbadge by submitting it after positive feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
Thorin2001 wrote:
entwife wrote:
wildthayne wrote:

For instance

I think I remember some confusion about the "post your badge to The Thread" and "you need feedback before submitting".
It should be made clear, that you post an image (e. g. from your personal gallery) to this thread and make it a microbadge by submitting it after positive feedback.
Yes it would be good to clear that up too, though I can only remember that causing confusion in one instance, where as it seems most new badgers get confused about whether they submit the badge to the pending queue before or after posting to the feedback thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
Changes made to the header.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cscottk wrote:
Changes made to the header.
Something is mixed up in the last paragraph:

cscottk wrote:
• for more in-depth look at the process, see our
And if you want to request a badge that you do not wish to make yourself, please see below: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Microbadge_Design_and....

Microbadge Request & Design Feedback GeekList v4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Australia
Live in Perth, Australia
Born and bred in Britain
flag msg tools
...into Microbadge ;-)
badge
cscottk wrote:
in the end, your peers opinions matter more than mine
While we're in proofreading mode, it ought to be peers' (with the apostrophe on the end)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevan Corrêa
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
badge
Jogo Rápido
Microbadge: These pretzels are making me thirstyMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Parent of One GirlMicrobadge: Dogmeat: The only companion you need.Microbadge: Plays Games with Spouse
External image

Group - Places/Countries
Grouping Description - Citizen of the World
Wiki Description - Citizen of the World
Name - I'm a Brazilian living in the USA
Mouseover Text - I'm a Brazilian living in the USA

Note: I think this kind of badges are important to show people that the flag in your profile is not always of your mother-nation, but only where you live right now. I'm a citizen of the world
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
stevancorrea wrote:
External image

Group - Places/Countries

Note: I think this kind of badges are important to show people that the flag in your profile is not always of your mother-nation, but only where you live right now. I'm a citizen of the world
The only problem is that there are a ridiculous number of possible combinations ('I'm an American, living in Brazil', I'm English but I live in Spain' etc)

It would be better if there were straightforward "I'm Brazilian" "I'm English" badges, because then when coupled with your flag that would give all the possible combinations. I think at the moment the closest we've got is all the "I love Brazil" etc badges, which isn't quite the same (as there are many reasons why you might love a country.)

Hmmm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I speak EsperantoMicrobadge: Abstract fanMicrobadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: Modern abstract games fanMicrobadge: Vegan
stevancorrea wrote:
External image

Group - Places/Countries

But there are roughly 40000 possible combinations of "from country X living in country Y".

Since your BGG country flag shows one of those, why not just make roughly 200 badges for "I am Brazilian" etc instead of roughly 40000 badges?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [1102] |