Fields of Arle» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fisherman - do I have to pay for the +1? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Burns
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played for the first time last night (was destroyed). I am a little confused about the Fisherman action. The space shows a sheep (take a sheep); says, Fish traps +1 (advance 1 on the Fishtraps tool track); 1 food per fish trap (take X food according to your level on the Fishtraps track).

The rules say:

Fisherman: Take 1 Sheep. Also, move your Fish Trap Tool Indicator one space to the right. Then take 1 Food per Fish Trap you have (i.e. up to 6 Food)(8).

and elsewhere:

(8) There are no additional costs involved with these types of actions. In particular, you do not have to pay the costs printed in front of the Tool Tracks. (The costs in front of the Tool Tracks are paid when moving the Tool Indicators, but not when using the Tools.)

The second rule is contradictory to the first, isn't it? It says that you only pay when you are moving on the tool track (which you are when you add 1 to Fishtraps).

What should be done when taking the Fisherman action? Do I pay the wood for the +1 Fishtraps, or not?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The German rules are clear on this - they are saying "kostenlos" - for free.
So, you don't have to pay the wood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Burns
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
The German rules are clear on this - they are saying "kostenlos" - for free.
So, you don't have to pay the wood.

Great to know! I wondered if I was missing something. Maybe my paper rules are different - I haven't checked.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
My bad. Yes, it's free. (You only pay when using the Master action, which explicitly says so.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.