Players in Turn Order -
Samuel
Carrie
Susie
Me

Components - first rate

Experience - first time to play it.

Session Report -
My first time to play after owning the game for nearly a year! It was also the first time for the rest of the team: Samuel, Carrie, and Susie.
On the 3rd turn Samuel capped a building, followed by Carrie, and Susie. I felt this was way too early, but they were grabbing palaces by the time they had 4 points. So - I felt forced to take the only other uncapped building - Gray. After that I couldn't get a building. By the time there were 3 points on a castle, someone capped it. I kept waiting - figuring that my time would come. Soon they would be out of caps (you can only grab four buildings (one of each color). However, by the time we reached that point, they had filled all the board with one or two point unclaimed, but "completed," buildings (you could not add to them due to space limitations). There was no room left for me to add over one or 2 point buildings. So, my strategy failed miserably. It seemed, in this game of 4 newbies, at least - that those who grabbed buildings first won! The winning order was exactly the same as the player turn order:

Final Scores -
Samuel - 36
Carrie - 33
Susie - 32
me - 26.

Assessment of the game -
I felt less than overwhelmed with the game. Perhaps it was because of the impatience of the rest of the gamers, or because my strategy was just wrong. I always felt a dollar short and a day late. If I placed a third building to a castle, I knew it would be claimed before it ever got back to me. And, when it was my turn, there were only 1 or 2 point castles on the board. I never had a chance to add a 4th building and cap it on the same turn, except the very beginning.

Rating -
I like the game. I need to try it again to really determine if it is deserving of my 8.5 or should drop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.