Popular Tags: [View All]
Roland Weiniger
Germany
Nuremberg
Frankonia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The fair SPIEL is a Mekka for gaming fans from all over the world. Every visitor is part of a great community connected by the experience and joy of gaming together.

That is why the SpieleGilde in collaboration with the German Games Archive Nuremberg and Unperfekthaus are inviting all international partners to a scene meeting and get-together for networking and gaming the day before the fair on Oct 7, 2015.

Publishers and game authors as well as professional audience, interested gamers, junior authors and gaming clubs will come together at the warm-up event. You’ll find many games from publishers and of course lots of prototypes for testing too. Additional the Unperfekthaus is open for gaming during the whole fair time. Just so you know – you can’t buy anything in the Unperfekthaus of course.

Attention: Limited space for 400 pre-registrations only. Make sure you can attend by registering now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LudiCreations
Finland
Turku, Finland / Boston, MA, USA
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
This is a good idea, count us in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy to hear the WarmUp event will make a return in 2015. I'm not yet sure what to think about the extension to the other days.

For me WarmUp day was always very convenient since it gave me something to do on the night before the fair. But I don't think I'd be interested to do this all week, especially if I've got to pay the entrance fee for the same buffet over and over again.

I might be in error with this though. And I can certainly see an appeal in this for folks without a gaming friendly hotel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Weiniger
Germany
Nuremberg
Frankonia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
@David. The Unperfekthaus is full of gamers through the whole fair time anyways. Giving additional benefits for both them as well for small publishers and game designers is a meaning for strengthening the business and raising more public awareness for the fair and hobby. We are happy to welcome everybody and of course it's a fair choice to come along at the WarmUp Day "only". There is a lot gaming around in the whole city. We offer just new opportunities where to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raubritter wrote:
@David. The Unperfekthaus is full of gamers through the whole fair time anyways.
Cool! I didn't know that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LudiCreations
Finland
Turku, Finland / Boston, MA, USA
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
Kempeth wrote:
Raubritter wrote:
@David. The Unperfekthaus is full of gamers through the whole fair time anyways.
Cool! I didn't know that.
Indeed, and it is a great place to play - both big rooms, and small rooms. There is an entrance fee, but you have unlimited soft drinks and (also espresso) coffee. There's beer on tap and a really nice vibe too. Our team actually stayed there - and we booked again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stijn Hommes
Netherlands
Dordrecht
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
WarmUp day is one of my favourite things with my Essen visit. Extending it will be great for people wanting to have a place to play their newly bought games. See you guys there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nafmi Sanichar - van Herwijnen
Netherlands
Weesp
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do we sign up for this? We just show up!?

Because my wife and I are in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Weiniger
Germany
Nuremberg
Frankonia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

due to a severe ilness of my father and spending weeks in hospital, lots of stuff is delayed for quite some time on my end. I would like to apologize for that.

There is a description an registration on the locations website already. http://www.unperfekthaus.de/evregist/WarmUp-Day-Game-Connect..., but it's in German only. I will do my very best to put the new website for the WarmUp Day 2015 online this week.

Meanwhile I can assure additional to the regular WarmUp Day we also offer the gaming evening and independent sales from Thursday to Sundays. All is booked and team resources are available.

cheers Roland

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Lees
Denmark
Billund
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roland, one question I have which was unclear to me last year. On the Wednesday warm up day, you had to pay an on-the-door entrance fee. But what about the other days?

How will that work this year? Will there be an entrance fee every day? If so, will it be possible to buy a 4-day pass?

Also, could you please confirm the opening/closing times.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Weiniger
Germany
Nuremberg
Frankonia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Robin,

the Unperfekthaus charges an entrance fee in general, not on the WarmUp Day only.

The official opening times will be:
Wednesday 07 am - 11 pm (guess can be extended to midnight)
Thursday 07 am - 11 pm
Friday/Saturday 07 am - midnight
"Shopping" will be possible from 7pm - 9pm.

The costs are:

Ticket - WarmUp-Day 2015 - 29€
One-Day-Ticket - Game Connector 2015 - 25€
Season-Ticket (08.-10.10.) - Game Connector 2015 Preis 69€
Kombi-Ticket (07.-10.10.) - WarmUp Day & Game Connector 2015 89€

Of course this includes all the food and non-alcoholic drinks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Lees
Denmark
Billund
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is Game Connector?
Is it just the name for the Thursday-Saturday event?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Fuerst-Brunner
Germany
Neuching
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ukdane wrote:
What is Game Connector?
Is it just the name for the Thursday-Saturday event?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good. I just watched the video trailer for the Unperfekthaus and... well... it's perfect. I might not make it on Wednesday and I have no idea where we will show up the other days. But it might as well be in your venue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Weiniger
Germany
Nuremberg
Frankonia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Link to registration:
http://www.spielegilde.org/warmupday/warmupday-registration....

Please note. Any registrations done via the Unperfekthaus form are still valid. There is no need to re-register again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Raubritter wrote:
Link to registration:
http://www.spielegilde.org/warmupday/warmupday-registration....

Please note. Any registrations done via the Unperfekthaus form are still valid. There is no need to re-register again.

Thanks. Three questions:

1. is it possible to show up spontaneously and purchase a ticket at the door?

2. What is the "free association membership", the link of the button refers to the page for publishers, without further detail. Or maybe I am blind ;-)

3. What's the difference between Warm-Up Day and Game Connector. Does one start earlier? Do both include food/beverages?

Thanks for the help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Weiniger
Germany
Nuremberg
Frankonia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Daniel,

1. Yes it is possible to show up spontaneously, but due to security reasons the Unperfekthaus have a limit of about 400 visitors. If registrations or daily visitors exceed this number you might get rejected at the entrance.

2. The free membership is for professionals or startups only. Membership services are listed on http://www.spielegilde.org/warmupday/membership-registration... - is there another link you used which might be broken?

3. WarmUp Day is a get-together before the fair starts happening the whole day. We invited all publishers to join in and preview and demo their games which will be available for sale at the fair next day -not at the WarmUp Day.
Game Connector is an after-show event to play your latest loot and relax. We invite game designers, small publishers or newcomers to present their games and there is a central sales room where you can acquire a few of those gems.

Of course free food and non-alcololic drinks are included at both events. With your tickets you can leave the venue and come back anytime. This is true also in the Game Connector time. You can drop in anytime you like (for example simply to have some food or play) but presentations of designers and independents as well as sales will start in the evening only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Weiniger
Germany
Nuremberg
Frankonia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Need some space in your shelves?

Just give in your used games at the Game Connector and we will sell them for you! Find all the details at http://www.spielegilde.org/warmupday/used-games.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Weiniger
Germany
Nuremberg
Frankonia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
WarmUp Day details for publishers
Details and registration for publishers are online now! Looking forward to welcome old friends & newcomers.

http://www.spielegilde.org/warmupday/warmupday-publishers.ht...

Our after-show event Game Connector offer promotion and sales opportinities for self publishers and independent game companies who are in Essen first time, promote Kickstarter projects, test prototypes or have only a few games to sell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Weiniger
Germany
Nuremberg
Frankonia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
+++ First publisher offically confirmed to WarmUp Day & Game Connector 2015 +++

Horrible Games (Dungeon Fighter, Steam Park etc.) http://www.horrible-games.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paco Yanez
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in!!!
I was there last year and coming again!
Really nice experience
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Weiniger
Germany
Nuremberg
Frankonia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fancy of gettin' free fair tickets or some free games titels you want to buy at the trade show anyways?

Publishers participating on the WarmUp Day and Game Connector looking for volunteers demoing their games.

Please apply here: https://kontakt.wufoo.com/forms/warmup-day-game-connector-vo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Weiniger
Germany
Nuremberg
Frankonia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

+++ LudiCreations join WarmUp Day and Game Connector +++

The makers of Pocket Imperium, [redacted] or Town Center will be there at the Unperfekthaus and present their latest games.
http://ludicreations.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric hanuise
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Found out this post via a google search.
Sorry to hear about your Dad, these are tough times.
Flatlined Games will attend the wed event, with the whole team :-)
I filled the forms on the site above.
I look forward to meet you in the unperfekt haus!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.