Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game made me a fan of Ryan Laukat.

Reviewing his past efforts, I noticed he appears a fan of expansions: Empires of the Void looks to have had three; City of Iron had at least one; even the blurb for his unreleased War of the Void references the intention for expansion.

Has Ryan discussed an intention to expand The Ancient World at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bil Bas
United Kingdom
Lancaster
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EotV just had a print and play full expansion and a couple of promos. City of Iron has an expansion and the 8ME: Legends is getting one.

AW doesn't seem like it needs an expansion (unlike EotV did), but I'm sure if it does well I'm sure we have a good chance of an expansion (though I have no idea really).

And nice to learn about War of the Void!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Spooner_ wrote:
EotV just had a print and play full expansion and a couple of promos. City of Iron has an expansion and the 8ME: Legends is getting one.

AW doesn't seem like it needs an expansion (unlike EotV did), but I'm sure if it does well I'm sure we have a good chance of an expansion (though I have no idea really).

I disagree. Ancient world seems lacking in a few ways, mainly in strategic depth and pressure from the Titans. It's a pretty game but lacking sustinence. It isn't bad just feels like it's missing something

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ontario
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Spooner_ wrote:

I disagree. Ancient world seems lacking in a few ways, mainly in strategic depth and pressure from the Titans. It's a pretty game but lacking sustinence. It isn't bad just feels like it's missing something

Have you tried the promos? I just ordered them from the link in this thread:

Available from Print & Play Games

They have all three promo tiles available for purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryalyn wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Spooner_ wrote:

Have you tried the promos? I just ordered them from the link in this thread:

Available from Print & Play Games

They have all three promo tiles available for purchase.

Yeah, I ultimately ended up selling it. While Ryan makes beautiful looking art I think the gameplay itself is lacking in all of his titles. I think he should partner with someone to help out in that regards, but to each their own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gast

Weyauwega
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What exactly do each of these three promos do? Are they extra buildings or action spaces, haven't played in awhike. Is there a link somewhere to what exactly they do and where you put them during setup?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Doughty
United States
California
flag msg tools
OVERTEXT HERE
badge
Funded by supporters like you!
mb
MEECROB GoHeels wrote:
What exactly do each of these three promos do? Are they extra buildings or action spaces, haven't played in awhike. Is there a link somewhere to what exactly they do and where you put them during setup?

The Ancient World: The Frog God Statue Promo - This was given to backers of the Ancient World Kickstarter. It was a sort of unannounced bonus gift to the backers. It is an additional action space, that uses the usual placement rules (go there with a citizen of greater skill than previously placed). After all players have passed, before moving on to the between rounds income phase players with a citizen there may in turn order pay a coin to take an action ignoring all previously placed citizens on that space.

The Ancient World: The Sacred Cave - This is available for free as a download, the weblink can be found on its page. It is an additional action space taken with the usual placement rule. Pay a coin, gain a sword (as with Draft), then look at the top three cards of any one of the Titan decks and you may rearrange their order, then you may attack the top Titan (as you would if you had taken the attack action.

The Ancient World: Citadel of Ivories Promo - Available as a promotion for a Dice Tower Kickstarter. It is an additional action space taken with usual placement rule. Roll a titan damage die, then if it comes up a titan take a knowledge, a coin take a coin, or a blank do nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gast

Weyauwega
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.