Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Disclaimer: The designer is a friend, but I wouldn't bother posting this if not honestly believed.
I got to play this before release at The Gathering. I was impressed enough to avidly seek it out for purchase at GenCon. It took a while to get it noticed by a portion of the 150 plus folks comprising the game group at the local store where I host a weekly game day, but now they ask for it.

It's a game that has fine components, nice art and great gameplay. The basic idea is to make weapons, sell them to anyone who wants them and make a profit.

Everyone starts the game with the ability to make a couple types of crude weapons, but as the game proceeds you can make bigger and better weapons. You can also learn to make weapons you didn't know how to previously along with improving the ones you know at the start.

There are 4 different factions to sell them to and as you revisit them to sell them newer and shinier WMD's, they reward your repeated visits by paying you even more for your weapons.

The game plays over 4 seasons with a timing mechanism that allows varied numbers of turns depending on what actions the players take.

At the end of each season the factions go to war and the better weapons win battles and gain you even more gold.

There are cards you can acquire and/or use as well to make your profits even higher!

As stated earlier, you can also improve your craftsmanship to make your weapons virtually unbeatable.

Great weapons stick around from one season to the next, but those that are defeated add to your prestige. Whoever has defeated the most and best weapons gets a nice reward at the end of the game.

Overall, this is a game that supports multiple strategies and rewards clever planning.

Go buy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed! My husband and I love this game. I also hope it gets played by more people as I truly think it's a hidden gem that is very underrated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hussey
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played twice now, and love it as well. Not a fan of the art, as I think that is one of the few things that holds this back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.