Subject: Simple, storage crafting hacks. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Victorius
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because I have a cheap, opaque, small plastic box to store my dice and it gets fidly getting them out with fat finger syndrome. I figured out an easy way to group my dice together at not much extra cost!

In a booster there is a white card card that protects the game cards from the dice. Take 4 or 5 dice in a row and put them at the short end of this card. Fold and wrap the card around the sides of the dice several times till you run out of card. Be tight in your folding don't allow for slack. Now place tape on the starting short side you started at (you can leave the dice in as a guide) and fold the card and join so that the dice are in a squarish tube. Now Tightly wrap the rest of the card around the rest of the card and tape that down. Again be tight with pulling the card and then taping.

You have now made a small tube that holds the dice securely. Insert and push them in with a finger or push the dice out with a pen or tooth pick. You can write the name of the dice on the sides, how many are in there etc. Might be worth writing the name on multiple side so that you don't have to spin them round in your case to see. If you pinch the edges of the tubes together a bit the dice are inhibited from escaping.

You can splay two of the white cards a little and tape them together so that you have made a card that is taller than your Dicemaster cards. Write on the top of it and you have a separators for cards in a deck box.

I have made my own play mat out of the separator cards. A card each for attack, field, prep reserve and used pile. Colour them in to match the colours of the areas in the rule book with a felt tip. Even put the instructions on them in comic text if you like. 5 Cards does you a play field and maybe do another for opponents if you want. I trim them to the size where they fit in card sleeves before so that they can be protected. Takes up the space of 5 cards in your storage. I have my used pile zone cards in portrait orientation and the rest in landscape for table space optimisation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James K
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is pretty cool. I especially like your home made play mat. I just printed one out, but it feels very small.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Victorius
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have now added a used pile card. Not coloured it in though as I don't know what it should be. Purple probably.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.