Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Rankin
United States
Frazier Park
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What would be really cool to add to the campaign would be the X-Wing miniatures game. Specifically trying to transport troops from one planet to another and depending on the outcome you could have not as many rebels make it to try and liberate a planet. Something to that affect. The empire could put up blockades and the rebel transporters have to try to get through somewhat unscathed. This would be an epic campaign mode but would be easy enough for FFG to put together in a book like they did for Tide of Iron and Descent 1st addition. the possibilities are endless. What do you guys think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PC ichigo
Thailand
Bangbuathong
Nonthaburi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The idea is nice that you try to combine the army-level strategy into the squad-level strategy.

Although, I'm not sure what you mean by "...would be easy enough for FFG to put together in a book like they did for Tide of Iron and Descent 1st addition".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernest S
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pcichigo wrote:

Although, I'm not sure what you mean by "...would be easy enough for FFG to put together in a book like they did for Tide of Iron and Descent 1st addition".

Maybe there's a book where the tanks in ToI transport the monsters from Descent from dungeon to dungeon... and we've never heard about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I know a friend who's already planning it. Maybe even Armada and the RPG too. You could go crazy with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:
Yeah I know a friend who's already planning it. Maybe even Armada and the RPG too. You could go crazy with it.

Not to mention spending a not-so-small fortune buying all these expensive game sets and expansions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SirRoke wrote:
BathTubNZ wrote:

Not to mention spending a not-so-small fortune buying all these expensive game sets and expansions!

wait, you're not planning on buying them already??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Rankin
United States
Frazier Park
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG made a stand alone campaign book for Tide of Iron and Descent

&
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Schwartz
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea, we plan to do the very same. Our idea was to make a break before the side mission and put in one little X-Wing dog fight (and make up the story for it, like reaching a planet, protecting a transport etc.)
To prevent it from ruining the balance we thought that the winner of the IA-Scenario gets about 5 to 10 Points extra for the X-Wing interlude. And whoever wins the little (or large as you like) dog fight, gets a mock-up card for an technical drive artifact or whatever you make up, being effectively two rerolls (tap and discard) for the next IA-Scenario. We thought this would make a nice little difference without totally imbalancing the IA-Experience. To give more impact to the campaigns, a lot of play testing would be necessary in my opinion, which maybe FFG could come up with (A crossover campaign would be a sure buy for me). Until that happens, i think our idea is not to bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.