67 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Meet Your New Craziest Republicans Just Elected To Congress! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

As if the 2010 bunch of Tea Party Republicans elected as Congressmen weren't outrageous enough, guess what: A whole new crop of crazies was elected in Tuesday's election! laugh

> Excerpts from the November 5, 2014 Daily Kos news story by Hunter entitled:

It's Time To Meet Your Craziest Republicans Just Elected To Congress

Tuesday's elections brought both a rout of Democrats and a new standard for just who can be a national Republican these days. That's not good, but let's have a quick look at the new House and Senate conservatives most likely to rise to (unintended) prominence in the next two years.

It's time for meet your new craziest Republicans. On the Republican Crazy Beat, those are the top faces to watch. They'll all be appearing very, very often on the satire shows and probably more than a few times on the Sunday shows (but I repeat myself). We'll also have the usual Steve Kings and Louie Gohmerts and, always, Ted Cruz, but if you're looking for the next national leader who will either make a total fool of his or herself, make a fool out of his or her whole state, or accidentally shoot someone in the face during a hunting trip, here are the names that should feature on your new Republican Bingo cards.

Glenn Grothman

Glenn Grothman, WI-06: Any list has to start with new Wisconsin Representative Glenn Grothman. Grothman is a finely tuned gaffe machine, if by "gaffe" we mean "saying the things Republicans are not supposed to say out loud." He is a fervent believer in stopping The Gay Agenda, which he believes exists in our nation's classrooms, but it's the full scope of Grothman's bizarre statements that have led us to predict that he will quickly rise to challenge Texas Republican Louie Gohmert for the title of America's Dumbest Congressman. Does he have the stuff? We'll soon know.

Specialo Note: Glenn Grothman believes in and advocates Dominion theology.

Related News Stories

Glenn Grothman: The Agitator -- State Senator relishes his role as Madison's #1 nemesis
http://www.isthmus.com/isthmus/article.php?article=32611

Could there be a new America's Dumbest Congressman? Meet Wisconsin's Glenn Grothman
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/09/26/1332603/-Could-ther...

Wisconsin Senator Glenn Grothman, who has never been married and has no children, wants to criminalize single or unmarried parents. In his twisted mind, Grothman believes that child abuse and child neglect only occur with parents that aren't married.

Wisconsin Senator Glenn Grothman Attacks Kwanzaa

Right Wing Watch News: Glenn Grothman's 2010 Speech Against The "War On Men"

Jody Hice

Jody Hice, GA-10: Another beneficiary of a hard-right conservative district, Georgia's Jody Hice can't be considered a gaffe machine. He's just plain mean. A Tea Party Republican right out of Central Casting, Hice is a preacher, a conservative radio host, a gun-toter, and the district's replacement for Paul "Evolution and embryology and the big bang theory are lies from the pit of Hell" Broun. Hice's most recent hit has been the assertion that Muslim-Americans are not protected by the First Amendment because Islam is not a true religion; he also is frothingly anti-gay and is for women entering politics only if it is "within the authority of her husband." Look for Hice to be a loudmouth Steve King type; not dumb, but meaner than a bag of rattlesnakes and a whole lot louder. He'll be defending his Georgia district from the Gays, Muslims, and women who enter politics without their husbands' permission.

Specialo Note: Jody Hice believes in and advocates Dominion theology.

Related News Stories

Meet Republican Jody Hice, the (likely) new craziest member of Congress
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/07/23/1316080/-Meet-Repub...

Right Wing Watch News: Jody Hice Declares, "Rise Up To Defend God's Law In Government"

Right Wing Watch News: Jody Hice Declares, "Satan Is Behind Efforts To Separate Church And State"

Right Wing Watch News: Jody Hice Says 2nd Amendment Lets Citizens Own "Cannons and Bazookas and Missiles"

Jody Hice Declares, "There's a Gay Plot to Sodomize Your Children"

Right Wing Watch News: GOP Candidate Jody Hice Blames Aurora, Colorado Movie-Theater Shooting On Secularism & Evolution

Gays Have Enough Rights Already, Says GOP Candidate Jody Hice

Jody Hice on "Mormon Mitt Romney"

Mark Walker

Mark Walker, NC-06: An also-ran compared to the more reliably soon-to-be-infamous Grothman and Rice, Mark Walker will nonetheless make a solid addition to the members of Congress that you will shudder to think have actual power. His highlight reel is topped by the time he proposed "We go laser or blitz" Mexico in order to teach them a lesson about immigrants crossing our southern border. He's yet another Tea Partier that sallied into Congress while Republicans were proudly proclaiming they had tamped down on all that nonsense this time around. He also says he'd vote to impeach Obama.

Related News Stories

NC GOP congressional candidate Mark Walker endorses going to war with Mexico over undocumented immigrants
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/09/18/1330722/-Republican...

Republican House hopeful Mark Walker: 'If I was given a chance to impeach Obama ... yes, I would'
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/08/13/1321375/-Republican...

Rachel Maddow On NC's Mark Walker's Proposal To Bomb Mexico

Mia Love

Honorable Mention: Mia Love, UT-04: A female black Republican, Love has been a party darling groomed for success. She'll go to Congress this year to prove that she's got what it takes to move on to even higher office. She sports the endorsement of ultra-right anti-abortion extremists, but her unimpressive win even amidst an otherwise-solid Republican wave may have given her GOP poster child status a bit of a hit. Like Bobby Jindal, she's an ambitious state Republican who will either make a big splash in the party or look very silly trying.

Mia Love: Could She Be The Smartest Congressional Tea Party Candidate?

Joni Ernst

Joni Ernst, IA-Sen: When it comes to the Senate, all connoisseurs of train wrecks in the making are expecting great things from the Sarah Palinesque Joni Ernst. A far-right conspiracy theorist who coasted through the election on reporter fluff pieces and stories of pig castration, Ernst will join — and perhaps top — the Senate contingent of Republican believers in all things conspiratorial and insane. Think Michele Bachmann, but in the Senate. Think your crazy grandpa and his forwarded chain letters, but in the Senate. Think that person who accosts you at lunch one day with their theories of how Agenda 21 will be allowing cows to vote and forcing humans into tent cities—but in the actual Senate. Think Ted Cruz, but — well, think Ted Cruz. Ernst's campaign showed two and only two settings, either ducking the press like a hunted submarine or engaging in word salads that rival the best Palinisms. We expect great things from her.

Related News Stories

Could this be why Joni Ernst is afraid of the Iowa press?
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/10/24/1338856/-Could-this...

Joni Ernst carries a "beautiful little Smith & Wesson" to defend against the government
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/10/23/1338587/-Joni-Ernst...

Joni Ernst: "It didn't make sense" to talk to Iowa press if they might criticize her
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/10/29/1340001/-Joni-Ernst...

GOP Senate nominee Joni Ernst hasn't "seen evidence" for impeachment but says Obama looks like a dictator
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/07/09/1312770/-GOP-Senate...

Rachel Maddow reveals the craziness pouring out of Iowa Kook Joni Ernst

Tom Cotton

Honorable Mention: Tom Cotton, AR-Sen: He won't be a Joni Ernst, primarily because Ernst has squirreled away too much crazy for anyone but Ted Cruz himself to challenge, but Tom Cotton will prove a reliable Craven Liar Republican in the tradition of our finest intentionally insincere leaders. Why the Craven Liar title, as opposed to challenging in either the Sweet Jesus this guy is dumb or the Mean Bastard categories? Because Cotton's campaign showed a level of straight-up bullshit and pandering that had previously been seen only in satire bits about what Republicans might think, as when he supposed that ISIS and Mexican drug cartels would be teaming up to attack us across our border, a conservative wet-yer-pants claim seemingly handcrafted in the belief that Tom Cotton supporters were among the dumbest people on the planet. Unfortunately for Arkansas Republicans, he had them pegged. Cotton was also the most notable user of ISIS-produced terrorism films in his own ads, a move both meant to invoke terror in Americans so they would vote his way and one that likely earned the gratitude of the terrorist group for boosting publicity of their snuff films as they had intended. Perhaps we'll call him the ISIS senator, as it's a good bet ISIS already does.

Related News Stories
Tom Cotton slammed for 'creating a fantasy version of history' in food stamp attack ad
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/09/23/1331770/-Cotton-sla...

Tom Cotton gets all the Pinocchios for 'ISIS and Mexican drug cartels coming to Arkansas' whopper
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/10/09/1335382/-Tom-Cotton...

Tom Cotton uses propaganda video from people trying to terrorize America ... to terrorize America
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/10/23/1338637/-Cotton-use...

Tom Cotton’s Neverending Lies Fact-Checked by Tom Colicchio on MSNBC's "All In" with Chris Hayes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Koldfoot wrote:
I figured it out.

You post here as a hobby because we are a bigger audience than at your regular job with MSNBC.

Isn't that cute? Koldfoot wishes I worked at MSNBC!

Either way, it's more than apparent that this new crop of Republican crazies left him absolutely speechless*.

*Or secretly satisfied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the OP sure does know what it takes to be bat-shit crazy; he's learned by doing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was actually a kind of fun shreve post. I didn't watch ghe links but the little blurbs had more amusement and less vitriol in them. Idon't care a fig who these folks are, but hey at least some mighty be funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess we should start labeling religious people as crazy. Christians at least. When can we start labeling Muslims as crazy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
I guess we should start labeling religious people as crazy. Christians at least. When can we start labeling Muslims as crazy?

Just because some GOP lawmakers are crazy, doesn't make all Christians crazy. Don't be a bigot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When will you be doing a list of "craziest democrats"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My reply will be written in Shreves style of overdone longwinded and boring.

Here we go. My favorite part of any Shreve post is his smug replies and the fact that he thinks anyone reads the whole thing. After he is done typing shreve is like

Shreve sees himself as this after he hits "submit"

But Shreve, you're like the drunk old uncle at thanksgiving, nobody knows what the fuck you are talking about and we cant wait until you fall asleep.We see you as this.

It's like shreve and Dashi are each other nemesis. shreve, long winded extremely overboard nonsensical posts are countered with Dashi's one sentence and a link post.

Shreve meets dashi like this

And when Shreve's post finally drop off the front page, we are like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
My favorite part of any Shreve post is his smug replies and the fact that he thinks anyone reads the whole thing.

I usually read the whole thing, but often skip some of the videos. Videos have their merits, but often times they are way too slow at conveying meaningful information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the implication here that there are zero whackjob Democrats?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Koldfoot wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
I figured it out.

You post here as a hobby because we are a bigger audience than at your regular job with MSNBC.

Isn't that cute? Koldfoot wishes I worked at MSNBC.

Either way, it's more than apparent that this new crop of Republican crazies left him absolutely speechless*.

*Or secretly satisfied.

Speechless?

I had to scroll for 3 days to get to the bottom to hit reply.

I was out of breath.

Wow! That's even better: Those crazy new Republicans left ya both speechless and breathless! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

You are missing a very large something.

Crazy AND, more often than not, is bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:

Not really, just that some of the new Republicans elected are whack jobs. What does this say about voters that whack jobs of any party can get elected? Especially in this age of easy-info-access.

Since the Dems are out of the majority, who really cares about their whack jobs at this point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

whac3 wrote:
Well, the OP sure does know what it takes to be bat-shit crazy; he's learned by doing!

Don't berate Koldfoot like that!

He just meant it took time for him to read and scroll through all those passages about those crazy new Republicans before he finally got to the "Reply" function.

So, yes, I'm sure he learned quite a lot about those batshit-crazy Republicans in the process, and that's to his credit.

I'll award him a gold star for that effort, too:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

Not really, just that some of the new Republicans elected are whack jobs. What does this say about voters that whack jobs of any party can get elected? Especially in this age of easy-info-access.

Since the Dems are out of the majority, who really cares about their whack jobs at this point?

So minority party whackjobs are of no real concern? Then why were people still highlighting GOP whackjobs even before they took the majority?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:

So minority party whackjobs are of no real concern? Then why were people still highlighting GOP whackjobs even before they took the majority?

For the same reason other people were highlighting Democrat whack jobs? It's fun?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

Well, I'm not Junior, but my particular point was that Shreve never posts anything negative about Democrats. He spends a great deal of time attacking Republicans that have literally no effect on him, like state reps outside LA. If someone like, say Mary Landrieu or Edwin Edwards (who did 10 years in the Fed for corruption) was a Republican he would be all over that.

But he's not. So it just leaves me questioning his integrity when he only cares about the bad behavior of people he is ideologically opposed to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

Well, I'm not Junior, but my particular point was that Shreve never posts anything negative about Democrats. He spends a great deal of time attacking Republicans that have literally no effect on him, like state reps outside LA. If someone like, say Mary Landrieu or Edwin Edwards (who did 10 years in the Fed for corruption) was a Republican he would be all over that.

But he's not. So it just leaves me questioning his integrity when he only cares about the bad behavior of people he is ideologically opposed to.

You're right. You aren't Junior. But keep thinking like that, and someday you may be.

You made me so proud....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

TheDashi wrote:
I guess we should start labeling religious people as crazy. Christians at least.

What definition do you hold for the word "religious" as it applies to the statements and beliefs of the batshit-crazy Republicans above?

After all, I do make a distinction between the words "religion" (from whence the adjective "religious" is derives) and "religiosity" (from whence the adjective "religulous" is derived).

(In case you didn't know, Religiosity uses the mere pretense or facade of religion to try to legitimize extremist and/or bigoted beliefs.)

More importantly, which particular batshit-crazy Republicans above are you defending with those remarks?

TheDashi wrote:
When can we start labeling Muslims as crazy?

Although different in terms of approach, one could credibly say that rightwing fundamentalist-Christian extremists of the Dominionist ilk are the counterpart to the radical fundamentalist-Muslim extremists of the Wahabi sect who comprise the memberships of Al Qaeda, ISIS, and the Taliban. Notably, both followers of Dominion theology and the Wahabi version of Islam believe and advocate a theocratic takeover of their respective countries' governments, too.

The real question is: Since we've already labeled as crazy radical fundamentalist-Muslim extremists of the Wahabi sect who comprise the memberships of Al Qaeda, ISIS, and the Taliban, why aren't more of us likewise doing the same to rightwing fundamentalist-Christian extremists of the Dominion-theology ilk?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:

Shoot the messenger!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Borack
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Koldfoot wrote:
I figured it out.

Naw, he just pissed that he going to have to go to work and not waste so much time here posting....gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:

Yeah, I got that, which is why I didn't reply to your post. Yours was a direct question as to why James doesn't publicly berate whack-jobs that claim membership in the allegedly more liberal party. I wasn't going to presume to speak for James on that point.

Junior's post was a different tact that drew a conclusion from the exclusion of Dems. The conclusion seemed off to me. I think that you can publicly point out the faults of your opposition, while working productively to address the faults of your own "team". Especially if you think the overall goal of your "team" is loftier than that of your opposition. The warts on your side can be dealt with as acceptable risk. The warts on the opposition just make their regressive and oppressive (relatively) policies that much worse.

Of course this is assuming that there are actual whack-jobs on the left that are actually this whacky and were elected. I leave that for others to determine, since I haven't wasted any time researching elected whack-jobs from either party. As a partisan leftist, I just automatically assume that someone allied with the GOP political machine must have some level of whackiness inherent in their character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
damiangerous wrote:

Shoot the messenger!

No no no... DON'T shoot the messenger. Then we won't get the rest of the message. The message about the whackjobs on the other side of the aisle... I'm sure he's just grabbing a glass of water and clearing his throat so he can continue. Any moment now....

Any moment.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

Honorable Mention: Mia Love, UT-04: A female black Republican

Mia Love Appears On Sean Hannity's Fox News Show To Defend Controversial Ad Equating Background-Check Gun Control Laws With Jim Crow Laws & Equates Women Who've Had Abortion With Mentally-Deranged People

That is Star Parker in the video, you stupid racist ass. Do all female black republicans look the same to you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
damiangerous wrote:

Shoot the messenger!

I don't know what that is supposed to mean. Are you implying I defended the people in the OP in some way? I don't know much, if anything, about most of them. I care a lot more about the people I am directly voting for and don't have time to research in depth every other candidate in every other state. It should be pretty obvious by my posts here that I'm not about to support someone who is a endorses Creationism in schools or opposes SSM or some other social conservative position like that.

My point was simply that if he is spends so much time and effort creating these long posts only about Republicans, it makes me doubt the integrity of his information. If he were someone who were interested in exposing bad behavior in Congress (with no qualifications), I wouldn't have these questions. But since his significant effort is focused on one political party, I can only wonder how honest this coverage is, since he clearly has an ideological bent. I don't know what he's leaving out, what he's spinning and what might be an outright lie. I know his biases, sure, but I don't have the time or energy to correct for them every time he posts, so I musts imply reject his posts as a source of useful information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.