Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Nutter
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Guys

Been keeping a close eye on this game and just wanted to point out the modular tiles I made for Star Wars Miniatures game. They may be useful for this... they may not... but thought I'd give a heads-up!

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/88036/imperial-base-modula...

WHN
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would be interesting to make a Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game version of Star Wars...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel diamond
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmb
have you made any larger map tiles for hanger bays and such?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
Obligitory Smart-Ass Comment Here
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
mbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Would be interesting to make a Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game version of Star Wars...

-shnar

I Really wish that the game had been made less Decent and more Ravenloft, with the group battling an automated empire.

Might have to work on that....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Piper
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
shnar wrote:

-shnar

Did they ever create anything like this? I love playing the Ravenloft and related games. They are a fun way to get some D&D feel without much setup. The first time I saw Imperial Alliance, that was what I immediately thought of.

Thoughts?? Suggestions??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mp0510 wrote:
shnar wrote:

-shnar

Did they ever create anything like this? I love playing the Ravenloft and related games. They are a fun way to get some D&D feel without much setup. The first time I saw Imperial Alliance, that was what I immediately thought of.

Thoughts?? Suggestions??

No, neither official nor unofficial, though I suppose you could call the Star Wars: Imperial Assault co-op app the closest thing to this.

But, as fans, using Imperial Assault components (mainly miniatures), I imagine it would be relatively simple to create total conversion of Ravenloft to Star Wars. For prototyping, just use the Ravenloft tiles. We'd have to create Monster cards, Encounter cards and Treasure cards, all pretty doable. Then of course custom heroes. ANd then missions, and viola, done.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Piper
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Here's my First thought.

The biggest issue is I want this to work without needing anything extra from other games (ravenloft, etc.) So here's my initial idea for a playable random encounter situation (dungeon crawl)

1. all tiles are placed on the table in an easily accessible location.
2. choose a random tile as the staring place.
3. All owned hero sheets are available for players to select their heroes for the game. Heroes are selected, and placed on the starting tile.
4. The players role for "initiative" and the first player picks a tile to add to the initial location.
5. The Player roles a red dice for the imperial spawn on the tile. The number of hits is the number of villains to appear. The Surge represents a treasure.
6. the Deployment cards are all combined and shuffled. A card is pulled for each hit on the red dice. (or one card and the number of THAT character to appear are the hits)
7. the Reward or supply cards function as the treasure.
8. The end goal (how the game ends with a win or a loss, like in Ravenloft), is based on a side mission card drawn. If the side mission says a number of rounds, the players win if they have eliminated all enemies by the end of the round. If it has a specific goal, then each time the red dice is rolled, is it lands on one blast, you roll the white dice. if it lands on block all (X), deploy the appropriate items from the mission card and start trying to complete the mission (open doors, shut down console units, etc.)

Thoughts??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.