Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Evans
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(Sorry if I missed a thread like this that already exists. I did look.)

Anyone have suggestions on good beginner builds to play and teach the game with? Assume only the Starter Set.

TIA!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Heath
United States
Firestone
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd suggest the Campaigns in the back of the rulebook, Blue Dragon vs. the Copper Dragon, both dragons are built to 55 points I think, with the use of objective tokens, and goal of taking treasure, and a way to start off the campaign... should be a low impact game for the beginner...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Also in the front of the rulebook it has bulds for each dragon. Shows what dragon and what upgrade cards to take for them from the starter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wispur Kultus
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When demoing the game, I use the Builds on Page 5 of the Rulebook.

For the Green Dragon...

Claugiyliamatar's Card.
Poison Breath
Toxic Affliction
Invisibility
Ice Storm

51 pts (same as the Copper)

*note on Invisibility: It seems to only get discarded if you attack, if not, it says nothing about it getting discarded under any other circumstances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gradin
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cassiel33 wrote:

Anyone have suggestions on good beginner builds to play and teach the game with? Assume only the Starter Set.

TIA!

I wrote a post about a first play suggestion using the Starter Set. It assumes three players each with 50 point-build dragons.

http://dndaw.com/2014/10/starter-set-first-play-suggestions/

Got busy so I haven't had a chance to post my additional build suggestions. Coming soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Evans
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheMaka wrote:
Cassiel33 wrote:

TIA!

I wrote a post about a first play suggestion using the Starter Set. It assumes three players each with 50 point-build dragons.

http://dndaw.com/2014/10/starter-set-first-play-suggestions/

Got busy so I haven't had a chance to post my additional build suggestions. Coming soon!

Thanks, I actually did see and read that. I'm looking for two player suggestions, and it sounds like I should look at the manual for its suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.