Popular Tags: [View All]
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am checking and receiving first quotations in order to add in the giant box :

- one charactere Meeple in 19mm for the mayor pawn, similar graphics than the mayor on the box cover of Card City and Town Center ...
- 88 mini meeples to replace the citizens cubes

That increases the price of each box by 4€/$5...

What do you think of That ?

I am not able to estimate the price for the basic game with normal pawn like in any euro games but soon ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kind of depends on whether the game "feels" better to play with the meeples than the cubes. Is there enough space for the meeples without it getting too crowded for them to be manipulated? Things like that.

The 4 Euro difference is less important to me than the functionality of the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The game feels better with the meeple than the cubes. There is enough space, have a look :

PS : I do not have the possible character meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier
France
Fréland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's much better with the character meeples and 4€ don't make a big difference to me.

(comme le dit ma chère et tendre par-dessus mon épaule : "qu'il mette des mipeules et qu'il sorte ce jeu !" - il semblerait que le thème lui plaise )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Freudenthal
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem with an increase of 4 euros. Looks great and improves gameplay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the price change is that significant.

I've played the beta version and it's really important to not use cubes. I imagine meeples will work best and it seems easy enough to size the tiles/art to accommodate them. There's a point in the game where you need to keep track of which piece has already moved in a round. This was really tough with cubes, then we switched to bits that you can "lay down" and it was much easier to account.

For the Mayor, I don't think it's as important what it looks like so long as it's big enough to cover up the proper number of spaces on a player board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Normal meeples are too big for citizens though.
- So the mini-meeples are essential to keep track of which citizens have already moved
- the Character Meeple is a fun and unique pawn That also unifies the three games since It looks like the mayor on the cover of Town Center and Card City

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely mini-meeples. I'm a big fan of them. Also, the proposed mayor looks flipping awesome ( whistle ), so the mayor gets my vote!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.