Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've often found myself wondering how to evaluate different icebreakers based on their base Strengths and the cost to boost them. To that end, I've compiled a chart that shows the number of ICE cards of the 3 different basic types at each Strength level.

Note that this chart does *not* take into account ICE that can change strength or types (I used only the printed Strength and type), and does not include any ICE that isn't a sentry, code gate, or barrier.

If anyone here finds this data helpful, I consider my job complete.

As you can see, the majority of all ICE is Strength 4 or lower. This means that a Strength-4 icebreaker usually won't cost the runner too much to pump over the course of a typical game. A Strength-5 icebreaker will only very rarely need to be pumped, and even then, not more than a point or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti Tamminen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
http://sneakdoor.com/ has all the info about ICE and Icebreaker interaction one really needs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beyer
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
more.
badge
A couple of months ago I looked at pretty much the same data, but I looked at the cards via one of the databases. When I started sorting through ICE and only looked at ICE of a certain strength it dawned on me that it's not really so much the str 3 vs str 4 that matters* it's what the ICE does that matters most. The ICE's subroutines and trigger-on-encounter effects are a great deal more important.

I appreciate the effort none the less.

* I'm looking at ICE from an anarchs fixed-strength breaker perspective, so str 3 vs 4 matters with regards to data sucker tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.