Subject: When can I use "Use" abilites? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Sephton
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Some items have "Use: ..." In their textbox. The rulebook says I can use these 1/round, but also to mark that it as been used "this turn". What exactly is a turn? Does it mean a combat round? Can I use them at all out of combat? If so, Rocksteel Metal armour seems broken (Use: Gain 1 shield). If not, then my armour for some reason not working outside of combat seems poor...

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a similar question yesterday because we didn't knew if you can "USE" your items after revealing expose markers or not.

To be more specific, we had a Rogue with a Sword that added a +1 damage to his melee attack. When he attacked a minion with 3 health and 1 expose marker we assumed that he could use the Sword after revealing the expose marker. The marker was a +1 damage. That meant that he didn't need to use the Sword, which allowed him to use it on another minion with his 2nd attack. Some of the players in my group argued that it was a bit too game-y to check if the minion receives fatal damage from the expose marker before deciding to use an item or not while other argued that the manual does mention that "USE" items can be activated "at any time".

So I do want to know what exactly is the timing of all the "USE" items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Niewiadomski
Poland
Lodz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may use these items at any time you like, once per round. Yes, this includes after revealing expose markers. Items are strong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Sephton
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
What about outside of combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wątorski
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
Do you wanna play a game?
badge
We are all prisoners inside the cage of our own flesh.
mbmbmbmbmb
Items are only used during combat. You can USE items once per round and only battles have rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.