Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Bosley
Canada
Aldergrove
BC
flag msg tools
With just 4 of us left, we decided to play Puerto Rico, a game we all like very much. Rick won his 2nd game in a row with the same strategy - get one of every crop and produce it, and make sure you buy the factory. There won’t be a 3rd time in a row, Rick....

Andrew had 4 quarries and 4 corn, and not many buildings.

William had a little bit of everything.

I concentrated on tobacco - and I had 11 of the 12 building spaces filled when the game ended.

I don’t know if this means anything (other than I don’t know what I’m doing), but I have now played Puerto Rico 6 times and have never won. And in 4 of those 6 games, I was the first governor, and in the other 2 games, I was 2nd. I have never started the game as 3rd or 4th player. So I have always started with an indigo, not a corn. I would really like to play a game where I don’t start 1st or 2nd and see what happens....

As usual, the game was very close - and if it had lasted one more round, who knows what may have happened? Also as usual (it seems) I was one doubloon short of buying another 4-point building with its bonus.

Rick had 18 victory points, 20 building points, and 8 bonus points.
Dan had 14 victory points, 20 building points, and 6 bonus points.
Andrew had 15 victory points, 16 building points, and 7 bonus points.
William had 20 victory points, 14 building points, and 0 bonus points.

Final scores:
Rick -*46*
Dan - 40
Andrew - 38
William - 34

Ratings:
Dan - 9
Rick - 9
Andrew - 8
William - 8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.