Band of Brothers: Ghost Panzer» Forums » General

Subject: Vassal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luca Luca
Italy
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
I'm wondering if it will be possible in the future to update Vassal module revising SE counters according to GP rules.
Any rumour about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Clark
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Wing Leader: Victories 1940–1942Microbadge: Pericles: The Peloponnesian Wars - SpartaMicrobadge: Band of Brothers fanMicrobadge: Band of Brothers: Texas Arrows fanMicrobadge: Great Battles of History fan
lcuslt wrote:
I'm wondering if it will be possible in the future to update Vassal module revising SE counters according to GP rules.
Any rumour about it?
I think the intention of the BoB Vassal designer is to update the Screaming Eagles counters in his module when Texas Arrows is published, as he'll then have access to the counter-art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Who's the master?
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
Microbadge: Washington's War fan Microbadge: "I am not throwing away my shot!"Microbadge: Philadelphia 76'ers fanMicrobadge: Mark Herman fanMicrobadge: Michael Rinella Fan
I did it myself, but they are a little funky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Transgender pride | Unconditional love, pride, and support | LGBTQ Ally | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
Microbadge: Power Grid fanMicrobadge: Troyes fanMicrobadge: Combat Commander: Europe fanMicrobadge: Modern Art fanMicrobadge: Tigris & Euphrates fan
I will update the module with the new artwork for the counters as soon as Jim passes it along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Luca
Italy
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
Thanks David for your feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Minton
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
The US soccer players use their arms
badge
A new meaning to the name "Gunners"
Microbadge: Liverpool fanMicrobadge: Premier League fanMicrobadge: Professional PhotographerMicrobadge: Caution: May contain wargame like substanceMicrobadge: Subbuteo fan
Any update on this? I just downloaded the module and it still has the old artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Transgender pride | Unconditional love, pride, and support | LGBTQ Ally | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
Microbadge: Power Grid fanMicrobadge: Troyes fanMicrobadge: Combat Commander: Europe fanMicrobadge: Modern Art fanMicrobadge: Tigris & Euphrates fan
I am not releasing an updated Vassal module for GP until I can release the Texas Arrows module.

I've got most of the work done and new counter artwork in (there are also a lot of new counters), but the entire structure of the module is currently being broken down into a base module, and separate extensions for GP and TA (as well as Kozure's unofficial Commonwealth counters, that will also have the old stats on them, and an extension of bonus scenarios from the Kickstarter campaign). This helps keep the size of future work down as well (i.e., any Pacific theatre games in the series), and makes it easier to update bits as issues are found.

Unfortunately, this also pretty much necessitates me releasing all of my current work at the same time, and I've been asked not to do that until TA is released. Furthermore, there is the question of exactly which units replace which ones from the first edition to the second, which affects the entire new set-ups I will have to make for the module ... every single pre-built scenario set-up for the two previous games will need to be re-done with the new counters ... and for TA only the new scenario cards will help clarify that for me.

There will be all new artwork for the scenario cards, SE counters, player aids etc. I am still waiting for some of the final stuff so nothing to release right now, sorry. But soon. I was in touch with Jim just a few days ago by email trying to get news on the few things I'm missing, so I can get this module done (now that the Churchill module is stable).

I will keep everyone up to date as I get this thing wrapped up. Thanks for your patience (and to Jim and the Worthington guys for supporting the Vassal effort).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls