United States
CA, TX
flag msg tools
designer
See designer's page...
badge
"Reading history, Pinky..."
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike has made Peter Lloyd's additional Infantry Regiment Grossdeutschland pieces, for use with 1940 - The Fall of France, available as a free download.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim S.
United States
CA, TX
flag msg tools
designer
See designer's page...
badge
"Reading history, Pinky..."
mbmbmbmbmb
And here are Peter's notes to go with it:

The PDF is designed on a 7.8 x 10.5 inch footprint. This lets one print it, without scaling, on either US letter size or A4 paper, and allow for a print margin. The sheet is eventually intended to be folded along the dashed line, or otherwise use that line as a common edge.

Notes on the counters & Grossdeutschland in 1940:

1.The basic structure of the regiment is 3 (triangular) motor infantry battalions, 1 anti-tank company, 1 heavy support company, and 1 (attached) assault gun battery.

2.The 5-3 MTC is really a composite of 4(ish) motorcycle sections for guard, dispatch, & recon duty. I've made 2 1-step 2-3 breakdown replacement counters for it as an optional deployment (note the unit size). I had thought about 4 1-3 counters, but they would have made stacking a little too fuzzy.

3.The StuG III counters represent 640th Sturmartillerie Battery. While technically not GD, it was on permanent assignment and would eventually become organic to the regiment as the 16th Sturmartillerie. 2 counters are probably a little much to represent it, but 1 seemed to be too little.

4.The truck count somewhat rough, but should adequate. My original GD'40 also had 48 trucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Christensen
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
Pat OwlOrbs.
badge
Rub the wizard!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the post. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lloyd
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you like it. Send beer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.