Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
46 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: I think we crashed the wizkids rules forum with all of our questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Braddock West
United States
Rockrimmon
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
What questions have you asked that havent been answered yet?
There must be scores of duplicate questions about quark alone since the wizkids ruleteam has not posted about him yet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Braddock West
United States
Rockrimmon
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
Card text: "Each time you perform a [battlestations], an [evade], or a [target lock] action, place 1 additional token of the appropriate type ([battlestations],[evade],or [targetlock])on this card. during the activation phase, you may spend 1 token from this card and perform the corresponding action as a free action."

I spend 1 token from Riker to perform an [evade] action as a free action. Do i then place 1 additional [evade] token on riker for performing the action?


i was trying to post this when i realized the server was down.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Damyou, BGG! You and your Star Trek "questions" broke the internets! Bandwidth is spilling everywhere!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoff Bergenholm
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There's some pretty damn stupid questions asked in there so far..
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Braddock West
United States
Rockrimmon
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
so lets hear the good questions...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nelson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thec0sm0naught wrote:
so lets hear the good questions...


other than:
What does the Admiral Borg Queen do exactly?
Does card (xyz) that beats the borg, and looks for the lack of a front arc, work on the borg?
Quark questions 1-6
Can I run the unique versions of cards that share a name with a non-unique card?
Can I break Dorsal Phaser Array by using the Sideboard, and by how much?
Why are the Borg not banned yet?
Quark questions 7-12
a question that is not a question, is somebody whining, and is also phrased as a question?
can a maneuver be performed by a ship if it isn't on that ships dial?
quark questions 13-8472
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nelson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magentawolf wrote:
There's some pretty damn stupid questions asked in there so far..


And a LOT of repeat questions. Wave zero scotty? really? Tinyprise actions?

although, the Borg Missles vs Interphase Generator has been cleared up (one of the larger arguments.)

And if you weren't quite certain before, Yes, the generic Praetus IS supposed to cost the same as the named.


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why I felt they should do something to import more of the previously answered questions into the FAQ before opening up the forums for questions. That way they at least don't have to spend their time on answering questions for wave 0 stuff that was mostly old news.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob
msg tools
Avatar
yourmonkey06 wrote:
Why I felt they should do something to import more of the previously answered questions into the FAQ before opening up the forums for questions. That way they at least don't have to spend their time on answering questions for wave 0 stuff that was mostly old news.


They even spend most of their time answering questions that are already in the FAQ (and quoting from the FAQ), which is totally inefficient and contrary to their instructions that users should review the FAQ before posting questions.

I have asked a bunch of questions not in the FAQ which have been ignored so far.

For example: Do multi-adaptive shields let you roll extra defense dice for Tom Paris's +1 and the shields' own +1 (which say "when defending") when you fly through a minefield during movement? Or is it only your basic agility when flying through a minefield.

And when Gul Damar flies through Borg mines, do you roll two separate pools of dice for his ship and other ships, or does everyone get hit by only two dice?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Braddock West
United States
Rockrimmon
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
YO i asked an old question because it still needed clarity imo.
about the uss enterprise, what is the deal with not being to do any free actions even from the action bar? except for in the case of flagship?

go and read the flagship card: "if a ship card already has the bonus action in it's action bar, that ship may use this action as a free action every round"

"as a free action"

how is the flagship free action any more of an action in the action bar than picard, or high energy sensor sweep?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Schneider
msg tools
mbmb
thec0sm0naught wrote:
YO i asked an old question because it still needed clarity imo.
about the uss enterprise, what is the deal with not being to do any free actions even from the action bar? except for in the case of flagship?

go and read the flagship card: "if a ship card already has the bonus action in it's action bar, that ship may use this action as a free action every round"

"as a free action"

how is the flagship free action any more of an action in the action bar than picard, or high energy sensor sweep?


Because you can use those actions even if your ship doesn't have that action in the action bar.

Flagship adds an action to the action bar if the ship doesn't already have it, or makes an existing action free if it does. Picard just adds a second set of actions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Anderson
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two pending questions awaiting answer.

1. Koss and Dispersion Field. Do they protect each other?
2. Jennifer Sisko. What happens when both players are using Jennifer Sisko. Which Sisko takes effect first? What happens if I use Jennifer Sisko against my opponents Jennifer Sisko?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoff Bergenholm
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thec0sm0naught wrote:
YO i asked an old question because it still needed clarity imo.
about the uss enterprise, what is the deal with not being to do any free actions even from the action bar? except for in the case of flagship?

go and read the flagship card: "if a ship card already has the bonus action in it's action bar, that ship may use this action as a free action every round"

"as a free action"

how is the flagship free action any more of an action in the action bar than picard, or high energy sensor sweep?


Basically, the Flagship says that if it doubles up an action on the Action Bar, that action is a free action when used from the Action Bar.

Picard, HESS, etc... do not interact with the Action Bar, they supply their own source for the actions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the key thing is that the flagship is stated to be modifying the action bar in its reference card. Picard has his own list of actions that does not depend on the action bar.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure asking an old question that's been answered before is really helpful. Its not like the explanation isn't there (and I'm pretty sure they gave the same one again when they answered it this time).

Quote:
1. Koss and Dispersion Field. Do they protect each other?


Dispersion Field:

Quote:
While this card is deployed to your ship, none of your other Upgrades can be effected by your opponents.


Koss:

Quote:
While Koss is on your ship, none of your other Upgrades can be affected by your opponents.


For Koss, your "other Upgrades" which cannot be effected includes Dispersion Field. For Dispersion Field, the reverse is true. I'm not seeing where its confusing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koss / Dispersion Field is the kind of combo that makes me not want to play this game anymore.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Anderson
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yourmonkey06 wrote:

For Koss, your "other Upgrades" which cannot be effected includes Dispersion Field. For Dispersion Field, the reverse is true. I'm not seeing where its confusing.


While I expect this to be the ruling on the interaction of these two cards, it would not surprise me that I would be able affect either Koss or the Dispersion Field should a ship possess both upgrades.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Braddock West
United States
Rockrimmon
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Alyksandyr wrote:
yourmonkey06 wrote:

For Koss, your "other Upgrades" which cannot be effected includes Dispersion Field. For Dispersion Field, the reverse is true. I'm not seeing where its confusing.


While I expect this to be the ruling on the interaction of these two cards, it would not surprise me that I would be able affect either Koss or the Dispersion Field should a ship possess both upgrades.
you're both saying the same thing and it sounds fair.
if koss doesnt protect dispersion field and vice versa, via a ruling along the lines of what yourmonkey06 said, you would be able to affect either of them. Just no other upgrade until you took out both.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thec0sm0naught wrote:
Alyksandyr wrote:
yourmonkey06 wrote:

For Koss, your "other Upgrades" which cannot be effected includes Dispersion Field. For Dispersion Field, the reverse is true. I'm not seeing where its confusing.


While I expect this to be the ruling on the interaction of these two cards, it would not surprise me that I would be able affect either Koss or the Dispersion Field should a ship possess both upgrades.
you're both saying the same thing and it sounds fair.
if koss doesnt protect dispersion field and vice versa, via a ruling along the lines of what yourmonkey06 said, you would be able to affect either of them. Just no other upgrade until you took out both.


Not what I meant at all. Koss prevents taking out all your other upgrades (including Dispersion Field). Field prevents taking out all your other upgrades (including Koss). Therefore, both are protected and neither can be effected. They aren't a special class of card exempted by the effect - they're just "other upgrades" from the perspective of each other.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Braddock West
United States
Rockrimmon
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Alyksandyr wrote:

2. Jennifer Sisko. What happens when both players are using Jennifer Sisko. Which Sisko takes effect first? What happens if I use Jennifer Sisko against my opponents Jennifer Sisko?

i think the answer here is that both would go off simultaneously because of what triggers her ability ("at the start of the game, after setup...").
so it wouldn't matter who has initiative because the opposing jen sisko cant be stoped from triggering in time.
if there was a card that disabled or discarded a crew without a timing permission...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Braddock West
United States
Rockrimmon
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
yourmonkey06 wrote:

Not what I meant at all. Koss prevents taking out all your other upgrades (including Dispersion Field). Field prevents taking out all your other upgrades (including Koss). Therefore, both are protected and neither can be effected. They aren't a special class of card exempted by the effect - they're just "other upgrades" from the perspective of each other.
i misunderstood, didnt mean to put words in your mouth.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Braddock West
United States
Rockrimmon
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
At least we've figured out exactly what needs clarification on koss/dispersion field.

"other cards" does this refer to all cards that don't contain this text? or does it simply apply to all upgrades on a ship that are not that specific upgrade?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Braddock West
United States
Rockrimmon
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Magentawolf wrote:
thec0sm0naught wrote:
YO i asked an old question because it still needed clarity imo.
about the uss enterprise, what is the deal with not being to do any free actions even from the action bar? except for in the case of flagship?

go and read the flagship card: "if a ship card already has the bonus action in it's action bar, that ship may use this action as a free action every round"

"as a free action"

how is the flagship free action any more of an action in the action bar than picard, or high energy sensor sweep?


Basically, the Flagship says that if it doubles up an action on the Action Bar, that action is a free action when used from the Action Bar.

Picard, HESS, etc... do not interact with the Action Bar, they supply their own source for the actions.

You're not gonna like this but by that reasoning the borg queen from the tac cube also works just fine on tinyprise.

"once per round, you may discard 1 drone token to perform 1 action from your ship's action bar as a free action."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Why use the Queen like that when you can just use Janeway instead for double tokens?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Modglin
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Because the queen would be 2 seperate actions
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.