United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

My buddy and I played a game with quests for the first time. We've been using the Expert Culling Rule.

How is one supposed to handle culling of dice used for a Quest?

The rules say that questing dice don't score, but you do score glory. I could see dice sent on quests being culled or not. We felt that not culling something would make the Quests the best choice as you would basically bypass the Expert Culling and still get glory.

At the same time, we felt that since you might have to send more than 1 die to a quest, culling all of them made quests rather weak. In the end, we made a snap judgement that a successful quest required the culling of the "most powerful" die.

It's possible I've missed something obvious as we were in a hurry to learn about Quests and get a game in before we ate.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rulebook, page 4, it discusses how to use the Expert Rules with Questing. Essentially, you have the choice to either cull all the Creatures who completed the Quest (scoring Glory for the quest and rolling the Quest die) or to not cull them (in which case you only roll the Quest die).

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew Parks wrote:
In the rulebook, page 4, it discusses how to use the Expert Rules with Questing. Essentially, you have the choice to either cull all the Creatures who completed the Quest (scoring Glory for the quest and rolling the Quest die) or to not cull them (in which case you only roll the Quest die).

Andrew

Thanks Andrew! Now I feel guilty for being too lazy to search through the rules again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.