Michael Noakes
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Say Agna encounters a Trapped Passageway. She rolls a d8 to overcome the barrier. She's got a Burglar (I think that's the ally) with her: that's +d10.

If a BotG is played, does that add a d8 or a d10?

In other words, does BotG modify the base die for the check always, or can it add any die that's involved in the check?

Cheers!
-Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weloi Avala wrote:
Hello,

Say Agna encounters a Trapped Passageway. She rolls a d8 to overcome the barrier. She's got a Burglar (I think that's the ally) with her: that's +d10.

If a BotG is played, does that add a d8 or a d10?

In other words, does BotG modify the base die for the check always, or can it add any die that's involved in the check?

Cheers!
-Mike

It adds the base die for the check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josef Ferguson
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
It adds the d8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For reference:

RotR Rulebook p16 wrote:
Blessing: Blessing cards often allow you to add dice to checks attempted by any player, including yourself, at any location. The dice added are normally of the type associated with the skill the character is using for the check; if a card instead specifies the exact dice to roll for the check, the added dice are of the type specified by that card. For example, if Lem is making a Strength check with his Strength of d4+1, Blessing of the Gods adds a d4.

S&S Rulebook p24 wrote:
Blessing: Blessing cards often allow you to explore or add dice to checks attempted by any player, including yourself, at any location. The dice added are normally of the type associated with the skill the character is using for the check; if a card instead specifies the exact dice to roll for the check, the added dice are of the type specified by that card. For example, if Merisiel is making a Charisma check with her Charisma of d8+1, Blessing of the Gods adds a d8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Noakes
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the swift responses. That was what I thought... just couldn't find it in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pigasos15 pigasos15
Greece
Oropos
ΑΤΤΙΚΙ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks god that was my question as well!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.